Chapter 9

Once again I stood in the freshly cleaned airport. This time, I was waiting in the passenger pickup. She would arrive any moment and it would complete my “recruits”. I had an eager Josh next to me impatient with how long it took to unload the plane.

I made sure Chloe got an early flight so it would be easier for josh. The last thing we need is for him to be swarmed by a bunch of fans. Early in the morning consists of the usual crowd, people traveling for meetings or people who are too tired to even notice him. The baseball cap and hoodie helped with that.

Just then we saw people coming out of the double doors looking eagerly for family members or drivers holding their last names on signs.

I stood impatiently waiting to see my brunette best friend walk through the doors. I looked over at Josh who seemed nervous with how quickly the empty room filled with people.

A big couple came out and decided to stand in front of me so my view was blocked from seeing Chloe.

“Excuse me?!” I said to them trying to get past. They shot me dirty looks and remained where they were.

“Well, well, well. Still being impatient huh Ari?” I swung around to see the milk chocolate eyeball looking me in the face with a giant grin on her face. We both squealed and then embraced in a sisterly hug.

“I miss you so much Chloe!” I as we did an awkward spin thing and earned a couple of laughs and stares from people passing by.

“I missed you too!” she parted from me and looked me over. “You look…pale. Is there no sun here?” she asked as she looped her arm with mine.

“Well where we are people go to salons and get spray tans or use a tanning bed.” I said matter of factly.

Chloe stuck her nose up and make a disgusted face. “That’s so foreign.” I laughed with her and we started walking away.

Until I remembered Josh. I turned around to see he was standing right behind us following, not even going to say a word until we got to the car.

I looked over at Chloe who noticed who he was. Her eyes went wide and she seemed to tremble. I giggled to her fan girl reaction in front of him. He started to laugh at the terrified looking girl in front of him.

“Josh, I’d like you to meet my best friend, Chloe. Chloe this is Jo-“

“I know who he is!” she said a little too loud then she intended because she looked at her feet embarrassed.

“It's nice to meet you Chloe.” She looked up at him as he leaned in and gave her a hug. She let out a little squeal and I covered my mouth as to not add to her embarrassment. I don’t think she really cared though, I’ll have to bother her about it later.

“Okay well let’s get going.” I said leading ourselves out of the airport, to my car.

“So what’s this plan you have?” Chloe asked me as I looked at Josh in the passenger seat, we both looked at each other with evil grins and we laughed at our reaction.

“Well,” he started to say. “She has been dating my best friend for a week or so and we think he is up to no good. So basically, we want to catch him in the act.” He looked back at me and I let out a little giggle.

“SO how are we going to do that?” she asked no one in particular so I answered her.

“Canada.”

“Canada?” she looked from me to Josh for confirmation to what she just heard. He nodded his head answering her question.

“Why?”