Chapter 26

'Please tell me?' I begged as we walked into Honeydukes

Oliver smirked as he let go of my waist. 'Not a chance.' He said happily. We reached the counter.

'Hi, I was wondering if my order was ready.' The owner, who was behind the counter, looked up. He saw Oliver and smiled.

'Certainly. Mister Wood, wasn't it?'

'Yes, thank you,' Oliver replied as the man went out into the back room.

'Mister Wood?' I said, laughing slightly.

'Mmhmm.' hummed Oliver, shooting me a sideways glance.

'Why don't I trust you?' I said to him. I did, but he was being too devious. And I had a feeling that he was planning something.

'Ah, but you do, don't you?' Oliver replied, grinning at me.

'And that's why this whole conspiracy sounds dangerous.' I said. Oliver pulled me against him.

'Don't worry Katie, you'll like it. Think of it as a surprise,' he said.

'Yeah right,' I said, as the owner reappeared. Oliver and I broke apart as he placed a square, delicately wrapped package on the counter.

'There we are, Mister Wood. Enjoy the rest of your day.' He said. Then there was a bang from the cellar.

'Do excuse me,' he said, turning to go down into the cellar, muttering something about fizzing whizbees. Oliver picked up the package off the counter, and tucked it in the pocket of his robes.

'Now can I know?' I said in my best wistful voice as we left Honeydukes.

'Still no.' Oliver replied cheerfully. What ever this package was, it was making Oliver very happy. Fine then, if you can't beat 'em, join 'em, as my mother always said. Then again, I think she was talking about quidditch teams. However, it was time for a little deviousness, Katie Bell style. I almost smirked. Oliver had no chance...

'Oliver, please,' I said in a low voice, catching hold of his arm. He stopped, then turned to face me, obviously a little surprised by my tone of voice. I grinned, and stepped close to him.

'What's in the package?' I whispered.

'Not telling.' He said, swallowing nervously.

'Please?' I said innocently, trailing my hand slowly down his chest.

'No.' he said, but he didn't sound so sure.

'Pretty please?' I said. Then I ran my thumb across his lower lip. Damn, he had good lips.

'Katie, you're not being fair,' Oliver groaned. I saw him grit his teeth.

'Oh, come on Oliver, tell me.' Heck, I might as well...

'No.' he said. Shakily. It was all I could do not to cackle with glee. I was going to win, I knew it. I pulled Oliver against me, rubbing my hands across his back.

'Come on..' I chided.

'No,' he said again, then leant in. No indeed. I moved my head to the side, and Oliver ended up kissing my neck.

'Fine then, if we're going to be like this,' he said, smiling and stepping away. Oops, maybe I had gone too far, judging by the wicked looking grin on Oliver's face.

'Is that a challenge?' I said, raising my eyebrows.

'Maybe it is.' He shot back, still grinning.

'I bet I can last the longest.' I said in a singsong voice.

'Sure you can,' said Oliver, stepping close again. I felt his breath on the side of my face, before he brushed his lips teasingly across my jaw. I will be strong, I can do this. Argh, what have I just gotten myself into?