Chapter 22

'No.' I whispered. Flint leered at me.

'What chance do you think you have? There's no one here but you and me Katie,' he said.

'You can't do this!' I insisted desperately.

He moved his face closer. 'Yes, I can.' I saw his mouth so close, his yellow teeth under the scaly lips. I twisted my head to the side.

'Please don't,' I whispered, not bothering to try and stop myself from crying. It was useless. Flint had wrapped one hand around both of my wrists, and pinned them behind my back.

'Let me go!' I shouted as I felt his fingers on the buttons of my shirt. His hand whipped up to cover my mouth.

'Shut it Bell,' he hissed at me. Now both hands were occupied. I twisted, but he hung on, pressing me into the wall. I took a deep breath through my nose and bit into his hand, but not hard enough to draw blood. Enough to hurt.

Flint's eyes flared, and I saw him grind his teeth together. But he didn't take his hand away. Then he suddenly smiled. I froze.

'Have it your way then,' he said. He moved his face closer, and then I felt his lips brush against my neck. I jerked convulsively, and heard him laugh. Then his teeth tugged at the top button of my shirt.

Still laughing, he moved lower. I could feel air on my skin as more buttons were undone. Please, anybody come, I thought. My face was soaked with tears, and I began to shake as I realised that everyone would be partying in Gryffindor tower. I was alone.

Flint straightened up, grinning maliciously. Then he stopped, as though he was listening for something. Was someone out there? Please, was anyone out there?

'Now Katie, I can't really have my hands occupied like this, but I know I can't take my hand away from your lovely mouth because you'll start screaming, won't you?'

I didn't look at him. All I could think about was Oliver. Why didn't I believe him? None of this would have happened if I did. Oliver, I need you now, I screamed silently in my head.

Suddenly Flint's hand was away from my mouth. I saw his face coming closer to mine as he searched for his wand. I twisted frantically in his grasp. I would not have his lips on mine. No. but I couldn't let him reach his wand, either. If those rumours about the Slytherins and the imperius curse were true -

'STUPEFY!'

The door to the locker room burst open, and the spell hit Flint in the shoulder, glanced off and slammed into my arm. I felt my arm go numb as Flint crashed to the floor, unconscious. My eyes were blurry, but I managed to make out three human forms entering the room. Then I was engulfed in a hug. It was Oliver.

'Oh Katie, what has he done to you?' he whispered, clasping me to him. I didn't say anything though. How could I have not trusted him? I bit into my bottom lip and wrapped my arms around him.

'Can we do anything?' it was Fred.

Oliver turned, but didn't let go of me.

'Just get him out of here.' He spat, indicating Flint. I saw Fred and George exchange looks, then begin to shove Flint out of the room, shutting the door behind them as they left.

Oliver guided me over to the bench, sitting down and pulling me across his lap. Then I felt his fingers on my shirt as he did up the buttons.

'He didn't-'

'No.' there was a pause. I heard Oliver take a deep breath.

'I love you.' he whispered.

'What?' Had the boy lost his marbles? Me?