Chapter 6

I didn't want to stop the hug. I felt safe wrapped in Oliver's arms, and he seemed quite content to keep hugging me. Even though I was a little emotional, he had such a nice warm chest to snuggle into. But I knew I would have to tell him eventually what was going on with the whole Flint issue.  

FLASHBACK   It had started near the end of last year. Flint had started popping up wherever I was; which is creepy if you are walking down a corridor by yourself, only to hear the footsteps of a slytherin come up fast behind you. (you can always tell if it is a slytherin. Call it Gryffindor intuition.)   If that wasn't enough to worry me, Flint had started 'alluding' to things when we were on the Quidditch field.

One match between Gryffindor and Slytherin had been in the rain, so everyone was soaked - not unlike how I was now, when Flint came up and tried to lock brooms with me while I was flying towards goal - but his hands weren't feeling for the quaffle.  

By then I was freaking out - as you do if you have a disgusting slytherin male stalking you, and you are getting disturbed. I remember going back to the showers afterwards and trying to drown myself and my memories of the match. I was glad that my quidditch robes were thick, but even so I was repulsed by the memory of Flints hands on me. And now every time he spoke or tried to get near me, I got a horrible taste in my mouth, like I was going to be physically sick.  

The match was the last time I had seen Flint before the holidays. Which kind of explained my panic when I had encountered him so much already. And I remembed his last words to me, 'He can't protect you forever.'   END FLASHBACK  

I slowly lifted my head off Oliver's warm chest, dropping my arms from his waist. I felt his arms slide slowly from around me before he twined his fingers with mine and lead me over to the two seater that was closest to the fire that was blazing in the common room.  

I sat down, feeling suddenly tired. Leaning forward, I propped my elbows on my knees and rested my face in my hands. I felt Oliver's hand start to rub my back. I closed my eyes, trying to stop a smile creeping over my face. He had such a comforting touch, and a warmth was beginning to spread from the small circles he was making.  

Hang on. I am starting to enjoy this. Must not let my emotions to take control. But he didn't even try to pry information out of me, only trying to make me feel better. Well, it was working. I was feeling more than better...   I jumped to my feet.  

'Thanks Oliver, but I really need to get some sleep. I feel better though.' I smiled down at him, and got a soft grin in return.   'That's ok Katie. I'm here to talk to.' Oh god, those brown eyes. I was feeling better! 'So just call if you need me.'

  I nodded, and was at the foot of the stairs that lead to the girl's dorms. An unworthy thought crossed my mind. Should I say it? Oh, what the heck...   'So you don't mind if I scream for you in the middle of the night?' Whoa, that was so hard to say without cracking up laughing. Oliver obviously felt the same, but it was a golden opportunity I had given him and he wasn't going to pass it up.  

I saw him raise an eyebrow and try hard not to smile.   'Of course I don't.' he replied in that accent.   I turned and ran lightly up the girl's stairs, only letting myself giggle madly when I was out of earshot. Iopened the door to my room, hoping my bed would be as warm as Oliver's hug.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hi everyone! 

  I hope you are enjoying the story. I am so grateful to each and everyone that reads. I have some bad news though, I'm afraid. Because my family and I are going on vacation for a week, I will (most likely) not be able to update as planned. I may be able to update in the hotels, but I might not. So, on the chance that I might not be able to, I will upload in advance and if I do have wifi, we'll just proceed as normal. Just a quick FYI.   Sorry about the short chapter too, I spent all day at my dad's work place and I didn't have as much time yesterday to plan for today. 

   -Kat