Chapter 4

Oliver looked at me with a panicked expression on his face.   'What the hell did the little prat do that for? And why the hell is the train rocking like that?'   I started to chew at my lip, partly because I was getting worried and partly to stop myself from laughing at the situation we were in. However, I didn't think that the last option would help Oliver. He was beginning to look rather frazzled.   We didn't have time for this.  

'Oliver, quick, into the last carriage. I think the train is rocking due to Draco's little announcement about you being with out your shirt.'   'So.?' God he didn't catch on quick either.   'So the Oliver Wood fangirls of Hogwarts are coming to , get at you.'   His eyes widened in panic, before he grabbed my arm and dragged me to the door of the last carriage. I opened it , and still hanging onto my arm, Oliver followed me through.   We were met by the three stunned faces of Harry and his friends Ron Weasely and Hermione Granger. Stunned, that is, until Ron and Harry burst out laughing.   'Afraid the girls are coming to ravage you Wood?' Harry managed to choke out.   Oliver gave his seeker a filthy look.   'How does 6 practices a week sound Harry? Starting from when we get back on the first night? Which would mean quidditch practice starts, hmmm, let me think, TONIGHT!'  

Oliver was clearly more than a little frazzled. Strange, I thought this would be a dream come true for most guys. Anyway, I was glad that I was a human shield for our seeker, who was trying so hard to smother his laughter. I felt Oliver's grip on my arm tighten, and gently pried his fingers off.   Ron, by this stage, was totally lost, tears streaming down his face. I sighed, and turned to Hermione. Though she was smiling, she had been useful during the Harry/Oliver exchange.  

'Here you go Katie' she said passing me the black jacket she was wearing when we came in. 'Put this on until we get to Hogwarts. Your robes should still fit over it.' 'Hermione, you're a lifesaver.' I turned around and grinned at Oliver, whose frown disappeared. He grinned back at me. Harry looked through the window of the carriage door and gasped.   'Oliver, MOVE! He yelled, and Oliver ducked to the side.   The crazed stampede had broken into the second last carriage-but Oliver wasn't there. Like a highly organised pack, they began to search the carriage. Oliver looked at me desperately.   'Uh, Katie, could I have my shirt back now please?'   Harry and Ron's eyes bulged out of their heads.   Hermione instantly took charge.  

'Right boys, facing the wall while Katie changes. NO PEEKING or I will be forced to test a new curse I learnt over the holidays. And I do need a victim.' she said with a wicked grin.   Harry and Ron both spun and faced the wall. They didn't want to tempt Hermione.   Oliver, however, was not so quick in obeying. Staring at me, he raised an eyebrow and began to smirk again. Then he sloooowly turned to face the wall.

  By this time my stomach was doing flip flops like mad. He had such a nice back, so well proportioned to the rest of him. His shoulders-   'Katie?'   I turned to see Hermione looking at me with a knowing smile. I hoped my eyes weren't too glazed over.   "I'll stand guard on this lot, while you go up the back of the carriage and change.' She was still grinning. Damn her perceptiveness. Though, it was probably obvious.   I reached the back of the carriage and quickly but carefully unbuttoned Oliver's shirt. I slipped it off and pulled on h Hermione's jacket and zipped it up. I picked up Oliver's shirt and walked back down.

  I reached out and tapped Oliver on the shoulder, holding out his shirt to him. He whirled around, and Harry sensed his movement.  'OLIVER! Oh, she's dressed.' He said with a sly grin. Oliver frowned at him.  

Just then, the crazed fangirls thought it might be a good idea to check the last carriage. Fortunately, Hermione has locked the door, and in their desperation to get at a shirtless Oliver, they had forgotten their wands. So all they could do was press their faces against the window hopefully- only to see Oliver, with his shirt on.   'WHAT! HE'S DRESSED!'   'HE'S MEANT TO BE SHIRTLESS!'   LET'S KILL DRACO!'   And with that, the pack turned as one and hurtled through the far door to hunt down Malfoy.   Ron and Harry were laughing hysterically, and Oliver had gone distinctly red in the face. Even Hermione had lost some of her composure and was giggling. I rolled my eyes, not bothering to hide my smile as I headed for the door back to our carriage.  

Oliver followed, and as I unlocked and opened the door I felt his hand slide protectively onto my lower back, guiding me though the door. As I passed through the doorway, I heard Harry remark,   'Why so possessive, Oliver?'   Oliver's only response was to force me into our carriage by gently nudging my hip with his.  He let go of my waist as he closed the door, shutting out a fresh round of laughter from Harry and Ron.   I turned around, watching him as he turned to walk forward and found me a foot from him, blocking his way.   I let an evil smirk creep across my face, deliberately curving my lips and raising an eyebrow.  

'So Oliver,' I said slowly, 'Why so possessive?'   His face went red.

___________________________________

Well,  that was awkward.  I even felt weird writing this. I could actually FEEL the awkward tension in this moment.  You'd think I'd be immune to that awkward moment tension considering how awkward I am in my day to day life,  but apparently not! Sigh... 

-Kat