Chapter 18

After breakfast the next morning, the whole team went back to the hospital wing.

'I feel so guilty,' Oliver whispered to me as we reached the doors.

'It's ok, Oliver, I'm sure Harry won't mind,' I replied as I held the door open for him to pass through. He stepped into the hospital wing, frowning and chewing his lip nervously. We followed him in.

'Is Oliver feeling better?' George whispered in my ear. I nodded and grinned up at him.

'How about Alicia?' I said as innocently as I could. The two of them had been very cosy in the common room last night, both of them sharing a couch. Alicia had a very smug look on her face. I watched as George went pink.

'Keep it down, Katie,' George replied, as we watched Oliver talking to Harry. Harry nodded, then gave a brief smile before lying back down against the pillows.

'Everything alright?' I asked Oliver as we walked - or rather were chased -out of the hospital wing by Madam Pomfrey.

'Yeah, it's all ok,' he said, smiling and running his hand through his hair. Fred walked up and clapped him across the shoulder.

'Ready for the Hogsmeade visit, Oliver?'

'Oh, yeah. Time for some Christmas shopping,' Oliver replied. I remembered previous Christmases with Oliver and the rest of the team. Each year, without fail, Oliver would pick out gifts for his entire team.

'No, my boy, I was talking about another trip to Zonko's. Isn't it fantastic?' said Fred, his eyes sparkling.

'This is where I leave you, gentlemen.' I said. I didn't really want to hear what Fred had planned this time, or I would end up being to scared to poke my head around corners. Fred grinned at me, and Oliver winked as I retreated.

'Hang on,' I heard Oliver say, 'Isn't the next hogsmeade visit about two weeks from the end of term?'

'Yes!' I heard George say. 'Plenty of time to plan what we need - '

'I'll have to plan more practises.' Said Oliver. The twins groaned. 'oh come on, Oliver. The time will fly.'

'I know, that's why I need to plan!' said Oliver.

The team reached the Gryffindor tower and made their way through the portrait hole. We were immediately set upon by most of Gryffindor house.

'How's Harry?' squeaked a small boy, who I recognised as Colin Creevy, founder of the Official Harry Potter Fan Club.

Oliver chuckled. 'He's fine Colin, should be out of hospital soon.'

'Oh, great!' exclaimed Colin, and the crowd began to disperse, satisfied that their star seeker would be ok.

'Coming to relax by the fire?' said Oliver, turning to me, and still smiling.

'No, I'd love to,' and he smirked, 'but I've got a History of Magic essay to finish for tomorrow.' I said as I headed for my dorm to get my books.

I came back down the stairs to see Oliver seated at a table away from the fire. He motioned for me to sit next to him. I walked slowly over and slid onto the seat. He shifted so he was sitting with his leg pressed up against mine.

'Don't you try and distract me, Mr Wood,' I growled at him.

'I am here to help you finish your essay,' he said, looking at me innocently.

'Whatever you reckon,' I shot back, but I didn't move my leg.

'Ok, now that we have sorted that out, let's get started,' he said, smirking. I chose to ignore that comment.