Chapter 3

I swallowed nervously. This was going to be somewhat of an awkward situation.

Oh lord, I was wearing his shirt. Oh god. Say something.

No, say anything.

'Uh, aren't you going to get cold now? I mean, we should be at Hogwarts in another half hour or so, and I've got your shirt...' I trailed off at the grin on Oliver's face. His eyes now had the familiar chocolate sparkle.

'I could go and get you some of your clothes from your trunk if you like,' he offered, tilting his head at me. But his smile was still tinged with something like sadness. What was wrong with him?

I laughed. 'What, and expose all those love sick third year girls to your - ' I bit my lip and felt my face go hot. Looking up into his face, I punched his bare arm lightly. 'Nah Oliver, I don't even know where the twins stashed it.'

'Well then, it looks like you're stuck with wearing my clothes,' he said lightly. But his smile was fading, and he was beginning to get a worried look in his eyes. I sat back down in my chair with a sigh, my hands sprawling across my lap. He walked over and plonked into the seat opposite mine. I couldn't wait forever, I needed to know what was bothering him so much.

'Oliver, what's eating away at you? I've never seen that look on your face before. If you're worried about your shirt, don't be. I like it enough to keep it,' I said gently, trying to get him to smile. But when he looked up, his face was serious, his eyes looking into mine like he was trying to find something out.

'Katie -' He stopped and swallowed, never breaking eye contact. 'What was Flint on about, when he came into the carriage and said that stuff about you... he wasn't -'

'No Oliver, and he isn't going to. I ran into him accidentally when I came through the barrier, and he demanded an apology. But not the 'normal' apology-' I stopped at the look on Oliver's face. Keep your eyes on his face, Katie Bell. Eyes on the face!

'I don't believe it. He actually insinuated that -'

I didn't let him say anymore. My hand snapped out and covered his mouth.

'Please Oliver, don't -' I didn't think I could handle having him say it just yet. I knew that if the carriage was empty when Flint came in... I shook my head and squeezed my eyes shut. A horrible taste was in my mouth. I went to take my hand away from Oliver's face.

Suddenly I felt my hand trapped between both of his, and my eyes snapped open.

'Oh Katie I'm sorry, I didn't know,' he said softly, running his thumb gently along mine.

'It's ok, Oliver, I'll be alright,' I said, attempting to smile. He managed a small one back, his eyes locked on mine as he shuffled in his seat. But he wouldn't let go of my hand.

Suddenly there was a crash from the door of the carriage compartment, and Oliver let go of my hand. The door was wrenched open, a blond boy ducked in and slammed the door behind him, then collapsed against it. I recognised him straight away. Draco Malfoy.

Malfoy picked himself up off the ground and looked at both of us, quirking an eyebrow at our various states of dress - or in Oliver's state, undress. I spoke before he could open his mouth.

'What are you doing in this carriage?' I demanded rather imperiously. I must have looked strange, wearing what was clearly Oliver's shirt and sounding like Madam Pomfrey.

'Well, to be honest with you, I was running away from someone. Pansy to be exact. Ugh, she is disgusting, and she was chasing me -'

Oliver didn't waste words either.

'Get out. Now.'

Malfoy sneered.

'So sorry to interrupt...'he said as he reached the compartment door. He opened it, pulling his wand from inside the Hogwarts robes he was already wearing. He pointed it at his mouth and muttered 'Sonorous' before stepping through the door and closing it behind him. But the whole train heard what he said next, his magically amplified voice echoing through every compartment.

'LADIES AND GENTLEMAN, THIS IS YOUR...CAPTAIN SPEAKING. OLIVER WOOD IS CURRENLTLY IN THE SECOND LAST CARRIAGE. AND FOR ALL YOU GIRLS OUT THERE WHO ADMIRE THIS SCOTSMAN...WELL, HE IS CURRENTLY WITHOUT HIS SHIRT...'

And with an evil grin, the pale face of Draco Malfoy disappeared from the doorway window.

Oliver opened his mouth, but whatever he was about to say to me he suddenly forgot.

The train had begun to rock, as though a stampede was headed our way.

A stampede of girls....

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

A/N

Ummm awkward much? Poor Katie, poor Oliver! Will they survive the stampede of fangirling ,hormonal witches? Hmmm, I could tell you- but where's the fun in that? See yah Friday, mes cheries! <3

-Kat