Chapter 13

'We'll probably go to Honeydukes first,' said Alicia. Oliver grinned. 'Mind if I join you?' he said. I rolled my eyes at him.

'Mr Sweet Tooth,' I muttered.

He elbowed me gently in the ribs. 'I heard that,' he said in a low voice. I smiled at him.

'You were supposed too,' I answered back. The carriage came to a creaky halt. Fred opened the door and jumped down.

'Meet you guys at the Three Broomsticks at about 11:30, ok?' he said.

'Fine.' I replied as we clambered out of the carriage. The twins made a beeline for Zonko's, and we made our way casually over to Honeydukes.

It was pretty crowded when we got inside. The aisles were packed with Hogwarts students filling baskets with assorted sweets. Oliver gasped and grabbed my arm.

'Look Katie, they've got new Chocoballs - cherry and blueberry flavours.' He said, his eyes glazing over. I laughed at him.

'Oliver, you're beginning to drool,' I said.

'Mmmmm, I know,' he murmured, and still holding on to my arm, dragged me through the crush up to the counter.

'One bag of each, please,' he said, indicating the new Chocoballs. The witch behind the counter was about 20 - I recognised her as the daughter of the husband and wife who owned Honeydukes. At Oliver's voice, she looked up, took him in and batted her eyelashes at him.

Again, Oliver was oblivious to this attention. I shook my head and tried to fight back a grin. The movement caught her eye, and she looked at me like I was a Cockroach Cluster. I realised that Oliver was still holding my arm. She curled her lip at me, then turned and filled two bags and passed them to Oliver. He handed her some coins, then turned to me.

'Come on, lets get out of here and go try them. We can always come back for more later if you want,' he said, slipping his arm through mine and leading me to the door. On the way there, a Slytherin sixth year stuck out her foot and nearly tripped me over. Crikey, being remotely intimate with Oliver was dangerous - I hadn't realised the size of his fan club before. We made it out of Honeydukes with no more interruptions.

As soon as we were outside, Oliver let go of my arm and opened one of the bags.

'Here Katie, try one.'

'Nah, thanks anyway Oliver, but it's a bit too early for something so sweet.'

He smirked at me. 'It's never to early for something sweet.' I swallowed and tried to ignore the suggestive undertone of that comment.

'It's ok Oliver, you eat it.'

'But I want you to try one,' he said. His free hand nipped at my waist.

'Oh, feeling playful are we?' I said with a smile, taking a step backwards.

'You could say that,' he replied, and then before I could move, his hand snaked around my waist and he pulled me to him so I was pressing into his hips. I tried to wriggle free, but he was holding me firmly there.

'Oliver, what are you doing?' I was glad he was holding me like he was for more reasons than one; my knees felt like they were about to give out on me.

'I am going to hold you here until you eat this Chocoball.' He said. I rested my hand on his chest, feeling his heart beating rapidly. Shaking my head, I said 'Fine then, lets have one.'

Before I could hold out my hand or protest, he slipped the Chocoball into my mouth. What, now he was handfeeding me? 'Guess what flavour it is,' he said. Then he appeared to notice my raised eyebrows.

What? Was he serious? "Umm, I dunno Oliver, chocolate?" I said biting back a laugh. He rolled his eyes at my snide comment. "I meant the filling!" he said whacking me playfully with his spare arm that wasn't STILL draped around my waist.

Suddenly our eyes locked and I couldn't see anything but the original chocolatey goodness of those brown orbs. Before I realized what was happening, our faces were headed towards eachother at terminal velocity until I coughed uncomfortably.

"We should, umm go meet the others at the three broomsticks..." I mumbled uncomfortably. I could have sworn I saw the corners of his mouth twitch into a frown for a second.

"yeah, probably should, huh? He murmured, but his eyes where still locked on mine.

Oh my god. What have I gotten myself into? 

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

A/ N

Stop everything!! We almost had a Koliver kiss there!! Damn. Oh well, be patients, good things come to those who wait. ;)  

-Kat