Chapter 28

The next day I woke up abruptly to Angelina shaking me awake. "Katie get up! You're going to be late to Potions!" I sat up and lunged for my clock, sure enough 7:38 blinked back at me unsympathetically. "Is she up yet?" Alicia called up the stairs. I leapt out of my four poster bed and skidded across the floor to the top of the stairwell.

"Ahh there you are, Katie! We were just about to check Oliver's bed to see if-" My cheeks turned scarlet, matching the Gryffindor pennant hanging on Angelina's dresser. "I'm here, I'm here, I'm here!" I yelped, hiding my reddening face under my hands. A chorus of cackles broke out as I turned around searching for my jumper and tugging it over my head. "Alright, alright, let's just go before Fred and George eat all the pumpkin pasties and black pudding..."

We headed down the stairs taking two at a time as we made for the great hall in record time. I managed to scarf down a pasty and down a glass of pumpkin juice before we ran off to Potions class. An earth shatteringly long hour later, Angelina, Alicia, Fred, George, and I were clomping up the dungeon stairs headed to our next lesson, Defense Against the Dark Arts. On the way there ran into Harry, and his two friends, Hermione and Ron.

"Hello Katie, recovered from practice last night yet?" Harry asked. "Has anyone really? Oliver worked us an inch from death! I'm fairly sure the Chudley Cannons don't train so hard!" Ron's ears perked up at the mention of the Chudley Cannons. "I didn't know you liked the Cannons, Katie!" he exclaimed, wide-eyed. I could hear the audible groans of Fred and George as I laughed. "Well they are one of the best teams in the league! Did you hear they beat Puddlemere United last week! my brother was at the match reporting for the Daily Prophet! He said it was a real nail biter! MacMannon caught the snitch just as they were about to go into overtime!" Hermione cleared her throat and elbowed Ron in the ribcage, "As much as I love seeing you Katie, we're all going to be late for Charms if we don't hurry!" Harry made a face and we all laughed. "See you around then!" the boys called over their shoulders as Hermione marched them towards the staircase.

A few hours later, we were done with classes for the day and laying out in the grass, stretched out and trying to absorb the feeble rays of sunlight peeking through the cloudy Scottish sky. "Oi! There y'are." A familiar Scottish brogue boomed in the quiet courtyard. "Oliver!" I couldn't stop his name from leaking out of my lips. A knowing smirk formed on George's face, and he winked at me as Angelina and Alicia snickered quietly. Oliver, completely oblivious, flopped down on the grass next to me and sighed as he folded his arms behind his head and turned so that he was looking at me.

Don't give in Katie, don't do it. Don't look into those big brown eyes. Whatever you do,

Do

Not

Give

In-

Dammit.

Oliver poked my cheek and smirked. He knew he'd won, the little shit. I wasn't going to give in that easily though. I raised my eyebrow and bit back a smile. "Can I help you, Mr. Wood?"

"I hope so..." Oliver said wriggling his eyebrows suggestively. The twins shot upright like a bludger gone rogue meanwhile Angelina and Alica howled with silent laughter.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

OKAY I know so many of you are going to actually kill me for taking this long to update and I really do apologize. Life got hectic, I graduated high school, went off to my first year of college and I did, I kind of forgot about you guys. I didn't mean to, it just accidentally happened. I don't know how often I'll be updating now but I promise I'm back, and if you'll be patient with me, I will be updating Burnt, for real. 

-Kat

PS: Remember when I was stressing about college prep back in high school? Ha! College is crazy stressful but it's also amazing and I love it. Definitely worth it.