Chapter 11

I did manage to eventually get to sleep, even though it took a while for Alicia and Angelina to stop laughing.

When I woke up the next morning, I realised that it was Monday - and that meant classes. I flipped back the hangings, got out of bed and went over to my trunk. I pulled out the grey skirt, white blouse, tie and the grey Hogwarts pullover, and headed into the shower. Thankfully, Angelina and Alicia weren't awake yet, so I had time to take a long shower. But not as hot as yesterdays - I didn't want anyone getting any ideas. I couldn't help smirking to myself - had Oliver really reacted like that?

When I finally got out, I still couldn't hear any signs that the girls were awake. I checked my reflection. Good, my face wasn't red, only a little pink. I got into the uniform, pulled my hair into a plait and went out into the dorm. Then I saw the time.

'Ah! Ange, Alicia, get up!' I yelled, grabbing pillows off my bed and throwing them at the two sleeping forms. 'Come on, hurry, we need to get to breakfast before classes!' Finally that woke them up.

Two hurried showers later, we were nearly ready to go down to breakfast. I was the only one that was really ready. Angelina and Alicia were still doing their hair.

'Katie, could you hold this please?' said Angelina, passing me her robes. It was too warm to be wearing them over our uniforms just yet-the house elves had fires and lanterns everywhere.

'And mine?' said Alicia, two bobby pins sticking out of her mouth. I took them from her. By this time it would be lucky if I got one sip of pumpkin juice.

'Oh come on. You can do your hair on the way down, as we walk.' They both followed me obediently out of the dorm, and I tried not to trip over the robes that I was carrying.

We got to the Great Hall in time. I passed the girls their robes as we walked over to the Gryffindor table, where we sat down in our normal seats, opposite Fred, George and Oliver. Then it was my turn to discretely bite my lip. I had forgotten how good Oliver made the Hogwarts uniform look. And I wasn't the only one. He was attracting stares from girls on the Ravenclaw and Hufflepuff tables too.

Oliver, of course, was totally unaware of this, and smiled across the table at me. I felt my toes curl. Don't start swooning Bell. Jeez girl, get it together. 'Glad to see you made it,' he said, pushing a plate of toast and a jug of pumpkin juice towards me.

'Thanks Oliver, I'm ravenous, and I thought I'd never get down here, not with these two and there little sleep in.'

'Oi, shut up.' Said Angelina, passing me my timetable. I looked over it briefly. Transfiguration, Divination, Potions, and then Care of Magical Creatures was the line up for this morning. I had barely read over this and taken a sip of pumpkin juice when Dumbledore tapped his goblet as a sign that breakfast was finished. It was time to go to class. I grabbed a piece of toast as everyone rose and began to make their way out of the Great Hall.

'Only one piece of toast Katie? That's disgraceful.' It was Fred, looking at me and shaking his head sadly at my effort.

'He's only boasting,' it was George on my other side, 'and that's because his record is twelve slices from here to the Gryffindor Tower.' I choked on my toast, and Fred laughed and patted me on the back.

'Now Katie, no need to choke on your embarrassment. One day I may train you as my only apprentice, in the art of Toast and Associated Condiment devouring.' He said, as I started to laugh.

'Well, if you're going to learn, it may as well be from the best in the business,' added George.

'So long as I use the Force?' I asked Fred.