56. Dear Maggie, I love you.

THURSDAY

April the 22nd.

I hate this. I hate this. I hate this. I want this baby out of me now. I only have a few weeks left and I'm so tired of waddling, and constantly being sore.

Liam is coming over today because of course I can't leave the effing house. After that though Jake has something planned. I'm not sure what exactly but he left me a note on his pillow this morning.

Dear Jakes wife,

Morning Mags I have a surprise for you when I get home so dress pretty. I love you.

-Your husband Jake.

There's a knock on the door and I waddle over. As soon as it's opened I'm looking a whole bunch of balloons. I raise a eyebrow and the person moves the balloons from in front of them and I see Liam smiling at me.

"What are you doing with all that Liam?"

His lips twitch down for a second, "Isn't your birthday the twenty-second?"

I tilt my head, "Yes."

He smiles and shakes his head, "Don't you know the date?"

I sigh and shake my head, "No. I'm under lock down the date doesn't really matter. I actually don't even know what day it is."

He laughs, "It's Thursday April 22nd."

My mouth falls open and I slap my forehead, "Shit. It's mine and Jakes seven month anniversary and I forgot."

He grins, "Well can I come in the ice cream is melting."

I smile letting him in, "Ice cream?"

I close the door behind him and he rolls his eyes, "Yes ice cream."

I turn towards the phone, "Shit I have to call Andrew."

Liam grabs my wrist, "Why?"

I laugh, "We're twins. That means we have the same birthday."

He rolls his eyes again, "I'm sure he can wait another hour. Not come here."

He tugs me towards him and my breathe catches as he leans down kissing my cheek, "Happy birthday Maggie." He rubs his nose against my cheek and I'm so tempted to kiss him but instead I pull back smiling.

"I can't believe you remembered and I didn't."

He laughs, "Oh shut up and eat this ice cream."

I laugh and he hands me a container. I smile, "From the ice cream shop."

He shrugs, "I'm pretty sure they make the best ice cream ever."

I open the container and pull out the cone, "You remembered."

"Of course I did." He shoots me a grin, "How could I forget after that day we shared one. And then Jake finished it." His nose crinkles.

I can't help but laugh, "I don't think he would have had any at all if he had known you had eaten half of it."

I lick the ice cream satisfied, "I actually almost forgot how good their ice cream was."

He scoffs, "How could you!"

I laugh, "I don't know!"

He's already let the balloons go and for the first time I realize they aren't touching the ceiling. I look to see they're tied to a bag.

I smile, "What's that?"

He sighs and shrugs, "I was wondering when you would notice it."

I grin and go over to it, "Can I open it?"