43. Dear Maggie, I love you.

THURSDAY

December the 15th.

10 days until Christmas.

My back is killing me during class today. It's all I can really think about. I know I should really be paying attention but I'm not so sure I need too. My baby is due in late march. It's not like I can go to school and hope my water doesn't break in the middle of class. I'm going to have to start staying home. Then what happens right after the baby is born? I'm going to have to stay home to take care of her.

I sigh rubbing my hand against my forehead. I'm going to have to drop out of college. Maybe I can come back in a year or so. But it's going to suck having to leave so close to the end of my first year. Maybe there is a way I can take my courses on line.

I bite the top of my pen in thought.

"Maggie?" I jump and look up to see James and Liam watching me.

I see that everyone else is leaving and I sigh. "Do we have any homework?"

James nods, "Essay on the stuff we've been learning all week."

"Course."

I stand up and gather my bag only to have it taken from me, "What's got you so deep in thought?" James asks.

I shake my head, "Well this baby is due in late March. That means I'm going to have to miss school. Do you think there's a way I can take my classes online or something?"

Liam shrugs, "Why don't you ask your teachers?"

I nod, "I'll do that later, I really just want to go home today. Jake and me have plans to lay around and that sounds so good right now."

We leave the school and I see Jake leaning against his car. I smile and hop down the steps towards him. I kiss him on the lips and am about to pull away when he wraps his fingers into my hair and pulls me closer. I smile into the kiss and wrap my arms around his neck. I'm on my toes trying to get closer when someone clears their throat behind us. Jake pulls away and grins as I blush.

"Hello to you too." I say breathlessly.

He pecks my nose, "You ready to go home?"

I nod my head, "More then ready actually."

I turn to hug James and Liam. James pecks my cheek and Liam doesn't. It's like some unspoken thing between us. We never get to close in front of Jake. We have less boundaries when it's just the two of us or with James but we still have new lines that we don't cross.

I'm pulling away from Liam when he whispers in my ear, "It's so good to hear your voice."

I pull completely away and smile up at him. Then I get into the car with Jake and he takes my hand.

It took me a few days to get my voice back even after that night I whispered to Jake I loved him. I didn't stay completely mute because I had to answer teachers. But I wouldn't talk to James or Liam. I'd only whisper that I loved Jake at night. Two days ago Jake had gotten onto his knees in front of me and practically begged me to talk. So of course I had to start talking again.

"Are you ready to do nothing all day?"

I grin and nod my head, "Absolutely."

On the way home it's pretty much silent. A comfortable silence though.

The day after I had gotten my voice back James had demanded to hear what happened between me and Liam. I didn't want to go over what happened. It was one of the biggest mistakes of my life and I didn't want to go over it in detail. But I didn't really have a choice in the matter when James pulled me into a empty classroom and Liam sighed beside me.