12. Dear Maggie, I love you.

FRIDAY

I take a deep breathe outside the door of my class.

This is it. I officially have to face James. But how am I supposed to do that after he kissed me last night?

I had played strong for Jake yesterday. But why? Because I didn't want him to kill James.

Which he was seconds away from doing.

I peek around the door. I'm currently leaned against the wall right next to the entrance of the classroom.

I see James looking eagerly at the door. Probably waiting for me. I pull back quickly hoping he didn't see me.

I realize there is no such luck as he walks out of the door.

My eyes widen. The reason why I was out here was so that I didn't have to face him and now here he is. His cheek is blue and black, just like the bruise I had gotten from Andrew months ago. When he was trying to punch Jake but got me instead.

James's lip had a scab on it and I wonder what under his shirt looks like. I blush at that thought. I didn't mean it like that, I shake my head.

He looks down at me his eyes already pleading my forgiveness.

"Maggie I-" Just then our teacher is next to us.

"Would you two like to join the rest of the class?"

I nod my head and run inside. It's not like we're late or anything the bell hasn't rung yet.

I take my seat and then James is there, he grabs my chin and forces me to look at him.

"I need to talk to you after class."

I nod my head, but have no intention of doing that. I'm going to run as fast as I can out the door.

Liam is there all of a sudden his hand on James arm. "Let her go James." He whispers.

I pull my chin out of his hand, just as James pulls his arm away.

He glares up at Liam, who sits down and smiles at me. "Hey we haven't really gotten a chance to talk, and after last night well.. I’m Liam." He says sticking out his hand.

I smile at him. "Yeah I know. I'm Maggie."

He smiles tightly. "I know."

I blush, then needing to defend Jake, "He isn't usually like that." I say quickly.

Liam gives me a questioning look. "Who?"

"Jake." I look at my hands blushing deeper. "He isn't usually like that- I mean the way that you saw him last night. He's usually really nice, and sweet."

Liam laughs then pats James on the back with more force then a playful pat. "Yeah, well if someone kissed my wife I wouldn't be to pleased either. What about you James?"

He opens his mouth to answer but then the teacher calls our attention to the front of the room.

I sigh in relief.

The class period for once goes to fast soon i'm gathering my books avoiding James constant staring.

I sigh again about to turn to him when the teacher calls me to the front of the room. "Maggie, I have your missed work."

I actually smile at the thought of the work, and get the papers from her. Glad I that it's postponing my confrontation with James.

I watch him leave the room when there's is no one but me and the teacher.

I thank her after a few more minutes and then leave the class.

I'm practically skipping when I realize James isn't there.