23. Dear Maggie, I love you.

We walk up to my apartment to see Sky and James sitting on the stairs. James looks annoyed, and Sky has a tight hold on James hand. I wonder if that's some kind of warning to me. That thought almost makes me laugh. I'm married.

Jakes hand is in mine, and Jenny and Liam are right behind us.

"What took you so long?" James asks annoyed.

"sorry we hit traffic. You left a minute or so before we did." I say trying to look innocent.

James gives me a dirty look that soon gets repositioned onto Liam.

"Sure." He says standing up.

Jake unlocks the door and we all walk in pulling off our coats. "Does anyone want anything to drink?" I ask.

Everybody shakes their heads no. I nod as we all sit down at the table. James sits next to Sky and I put myself between him and Jake. Jenny and Liam across from James. I watch as Liam takes Jennys hand and hear James growl. I put my hand on his arm and Jake wraps a arm around my waist pulling me too him. I give James a warning look before leaning into Jake.

"Alright we're here to talk this out like mature adults." I shoot James a look. "So who wants to start?"

James opens his mouth but I shake my head at him. "Anybody else?"

He gives me another dirty look. I sigh. This has been one long night that still has a long way to go.

All I want to do right now is curl up into bed with Jake. Possibly make love, maybe not though. I'm exhausted.

No one speaks up to go first so I lean foreward. "Fine I’ll get the ball rolling. Obviously we're here because Jenny and Liam want your 'okay' to date James."

James crosses his arms. "No way in hell." He leans back in his chair. "I told you three years ago to stay away from her."

Jenny gives him a dirty look. "I won't let you boss either of us around anymore. God I'm not a kid. I always did whatever you told me to do when we were young but I won't do it anymore James. I'm not going to sit around and let you hurt me and your best friend just because you think it would be bad for us to be together."

James leans forward both palms pressed to the table, "You will do exactly what I fucking tell you to do Jenny. I won't let you throw your life away so you can be with him." He motions towards Liam, "I have more reason now then ever."

Liams face turns to anger, "You can't tell her what to do, and what the fuck do you mean throw her life away with me? I'm your best friend James shouldn't I be good enough to date your sister? And what reason do you have?"

James is literally on the edge of his seat now. "She's my sister Liam and I can tell her what to do. And yes she'd throw her life away with you. Fuck she has a scholarship already to go to a school for track and do you really think she's going to go if it's thousands of miles away from you? No she'll stay here and won't go to college. She'll get fucking knocked up."

Liam shoots a look at me after that last comment and I lean forward to signify that I’m entering the conversation. Jake immediately leans forward with me.

"James we already fought about this tonight." I say to him. "Yeah it would be bad if she got pregnant but it wouldn't be the end of the world."

Before I can say anything else James turns to me. "Maybe it's fine for you Maggie, but it's not fine for her. She's a runner. You think she can run when she's pregnant? Do you think she would ever leave Liam if she got pregnant? No she wouldn't. I'm just trying to do what's best for her."

I try to keep my voice calm so we don't have a reenactment of the street. "You don't know what's best for her. Andrew though he knew what was best for me when he tried to keep me away from Jake. But all he did was make me hate him for beating up Jake. God I was so happy when me and Jake finally got together but then Andrew was there constantly telling me he was bad for me."