10. Dear Maggie, I love you.

THURSDAY

Maggie wasn't in class today. She missed school Tuesday but was here Wednesday. Today is Lilys funeral.

With my chin in my hand I sigh. It's hard not thinking about her. I figured at first maybe her not being in school would be good thing. Maybe it would help me get my mind off of her. Maybe without me seeing her everyday I could start to forget about my still growing feelings towards her.

Of course that's not how it works. I just miss her all the time. I stare at the clock as the red hand goes excruciatingly slow.

A note lands on my desk. I look over at Westley. He's been ignoring me and Maggie for the past week.

What's going on with you and Maggie?

Nothing. I write back.

What do you mean nothing? You're always together, and you always have you arm around her shoulder.

I sigh. What are you jealous? Besides nothing is going on. Unlike you I respect the fact that people are in relationships, and if you hadn't noticed Maggie's married.

He knocked her up! she probably doesn't love him.

My fists tighten. Is he joking? He was going to marry her anyway. Besides what do you want her for anyway? A good fuck? and then you'll leave her just like every other girl you've ever met.

I toss it back and a few seconds later it hits my desk again. Course. Have you seen her, she is definitely fuckable. Can you even imagine what she would look like naked? I might wanna fuck that more then once.

I literally growl. She's not some piece of meat. Besides Maggie is one of those girls who doesn't just sleep with anyone. She waits for someone special and I can guarantee that would never be you even if she wasn't married.

I hear Westley laugh under his breath. If I didn't know any better James it would seem like you love her.

A arrow points to what I had written above.

What is that bullshit? Someone special? What? You think if she wasn't married she would go for someone like you?

Fire builds in my chest. Yeah she would go for someone like me.

He bites his knuckles as he laughs. You're pathetic, you go around sleeping with girls all the time, and then you find yourself worthy of someone like Maggie, who is apparently the type to wait for someone 'special.' Since when are you anything 'special' when it comes to girls? all you are is a rebound guy.

I read it and then crumple the note in my hand. I stare hard at my fist for a second. Maggie would go for someone like me. I know she would, I know that she wants me, maybe not as much as I want her. But she still does want me.

Another note hits my desk and I'm about to tear it up when I see it's not Westleys handwriting.

What's wrong? Liam asks.

I sigh. Nothing, Westley is just jealous because Maggie likes me more then him.

Liam gives me a questioning look. I thought you said the chick was married?

I groan quietly putting my face in my hands. She is.

Then what does it matter who she likes more?

I look up at him running my hand through my hair. I'm sure he can tell just by the look on my face. Realization crosses his own. 'No!' He mouths to me.