Chapter 28

A/N : sorry if this is short cause I'm on time limit . I setted myself on a 25 5sos song limit to finish this up and so when the 25th song ends , I'll stop dead on my track so ... ENJOY :)

------------------------------------
Aubrey's P.O.V

".... And down there you can actually find a bakery if I'm not wrong .. " I pointed down the road with a huge map on my hands . What ? A princess have to know the roads ? Well FYI I just came here 2 days ago .

Zack were silent since the morning , even in the car , lunch and now it's almost dawn . All he did was shrugged or nodded , his hands were stuffed into the pockets of his ripped skinny jeans and the beanie on his head hid away his dark hair . The black converse of his were the only thing he had his eyes on since the past 8 hours , like seriously ?

Okay ... is he planning to reject me eventhough he thinks that I'm still in my amnesia ? Okay well that's pathetic .

He nodded again , not even glancing up from his feet .

"Uhm ... you wanna get some food ? It's almost dark and .. I was just thinking if we could um .. you know ...eat ? " I asked , on behalf of my grumbling stomach .

Eventhough I don't want to really touch him or even look at him eye to eye , which he gladly did the flavor for me , but I really need to stop this ridiculous silence between us .

It's utterly uncomfortable and it's killing my wolf by seconds as his wolf too , his shutting her out .

He nodded again , following me back to my dad's Range Rover that he'd lend us earlier . He insisted that Zack became the driver eventhough he too ,doesn't know the roads of the kingdom .

He climbed in and we drove off , the terrible silence thickening above our heads . The atmosphere in the car was tense , I refused to make a simple conversation as what he was doing for the whole day . I had every intention of remaining stonily still as much as I could so that I could just be invisible for a few seconds or so .

The minutes trickled by as we drove in silence . I pretended to be interested with the street views by looking out the window and leaning as close as possible . Thruth is , they're just tall grey buildings with the dull sky to be added to the credit .

"So.. what do you want to eat ? " He asked , breaking the silence for the first time for our whole day together . I'd almost chocked on oxygen by the huskiness of his voice due to the fact that he hadn't used it for the whole day .

"I-uh .. some westerns ? " I suggested , pointing at the nearby western restaurant . Well , when a hungry girl says that she wanted to eat , she'll get to eat .

"Alright then . " He mumbled , pulling over the nearby parking space .

***

My eyes swam through the menu , seeing nothing but chops all over it . Lamb chops , chicken chops , beef chops , fish chops , and I highly doubt if there's a human chop down the next page or I'd just missed it .

"May I take your order ? " A waitress came with a paper on her hand . Eventhough her voice is asked directly at me , but her eyes were trained on Zack . Slutty much ?

"I'll have a ... chicken chop ? With a slice of lemon by the side . " He said , closing the menu . Urgh again with the husky voice !! Like oh my gosh imagine him whispering my name with that voice as we get physical ... Wait , what ?!

"And you miss ? " She asked , sounding a bit annoyed . Like bitvh please ,i'm sure my stepdad won't mind if I kill one of his people for slutting around my mate like that .