S1.

Sincere Thomas| six years later, 16.

leave comments..

SINCERE chuckled listening to her mother argue with some man she'd brought home. He had just got done fucking her and he was finna beat her ass and leave her, like always. Sincere got up from her bed to make sure her bedroom door was locked and put a wooden white chair up under the doorknob, even though she was sixteen, every man that stepped foot in that house scared her.

"Let me see her, bitch! Tell that bitch to come here!" Sincere heard the man shout followed by knocks on her door.

"Sincere.... baby, can you come here for mama?" Malisa, her mother, asked. Sincere said nothing, wanting her mother to think she was sleep. "Sincere mommy needs you."

That was followed by a thud and loud bangs on the door, "Bitch open this fucking door! I'm getting my moneys worth!" Sincere screamed as he started to jiggle the knob and kick the door.

"Stop! Stop!" Sincere shouted as the door was being kicked, the chair was slowly moving because the door was shaking so violently.

Sincere picked up the phone and called the only person she could think of. "Asim, please." she cried, balling up and watching th door praying to god that it stayed closed.

"Sincere, what's wrong?" the young boys voice went from sleepy to full of panic.

Sincere screamed and cried as the chair broke in half and fell in front of the door, "Please Asim! I need help!"

"Rodney! I'll do it! I'll do what you want! Please leave her alone!" Malisa shouted making the door stop violently shaking. By then, the phone had hung up and Sincere had stood from her bed and rushed to throw on clothes and grab her things. Tears still fell from her eyes as she shakily slid her window open and threw her stuff out before climbing out closing the window leaving a crack.

Once she reached the front of the house a silver car sat in the front, Sincere walked over and got in. Once she was comfortable the car pulled off.

"This the third time this month, Sincere." Asim said, glancing over at her.

"You don't think I know that, Asim?" Sincere responded, leaning her head against the window. Asim, Asim Morgan, Sincere's best friend. The two had been through everything in the span of six years, never fallen out or anything.

"If you know she gon keep doing the shit, why the fuck do you continuously go back?" he questioned, getting angry. "The third fucking time, Sincere."

"Asim, where else can I go?! Where the fuck else can I fucking go? I don't have any family, you fucking know this. Stop making it like I'm staying by choice, I don't have anywhere else to live." Sincere rolled her eyes. "Not everyone has the perfect family like you."

"Sincere stop fucking playing with me, fuck you mean not everybody got the perfect family like me? Just because- let me be quiet before I really hurt your fucking feelings in this car."

"Just because what, Asim? If you feeling pressure on your chest please release that shit." Sincere looked at the side of his head as he parked his car in the driveway.

Asim took the keys out the ignition and got out the car, walking into the house and past his family into his room, he closed the door behind him. Sincere rolled her eyes, not caring about his attitude, and walked into the house, putting on a fake smile once his little sister ran up to her and hugged around her legs.

"Hi my Avery," Sincere smiled picking her up. "Oh how I've missed you my love."

"Hi Sinny, me miss you too." Avery put up two fingers. "We play doll?"

"We can play tomorrow, I promise. I'm a little sleepy Pooh." Sincere walked further into the house. "Hey pops." Sincere hugged Asim's dad.

"Hey Sin, again?" Sincere nodded, not really wanting to get into it.

"Sinny I sleep with you?" Avery asked chewing on a chicken wing. Sincere nodded grabbing one for herself.

"Just let me talk to your ugly big brother first." Sincere walked to the back of the house and into Asim's room seeing it was dark, Sincere kicked off her shoes and took her jacket off climbing into the bed and laying her head on his chest.

"Get off me, Sincere." Asim said trying to push her off but she wrapped her arms around him. "I'm not playing."

"Tonight's been a long night, please don't make it worse by mistreating me too. You want me to apologize? Okay, I'm sorry Asim. When I'm upset I say things out of anger, I know it's not good and I need to work on it, and I will but not now." Sincere spoke drawing circles on his stomach.

"I don't want you going back to that house Sincere."

"Where else am I gonna go, Asim? Where else can I live?" Sincere asked him. "I have this year and next year of high school and I can leave but I'm gonna have to stick it out."

"You can stay here and you know that, so cut that out." Sincere shook her head.

"Y'all already do a lot for me, I'm not moving in." Sincere said. "Can we just drop it? Please?"

"Sincere yo-"

"Please?" Asim sighed, letting the situation go.

Asim hated seeing his best friend go through this, it broke his heart because she was the most genuine person he knew and he wanted more for her. Sincere's pride was something else though, he knew that.

"I love you, Simy."

"I love you too, Sincere."

"Sinny, I come sleep." Avery knocked on the door.

"Come on, Pooh." Sincere rolled off of Asim and Avery came in closing the door after her, she climbed in the bed between Asim and Sincere.

"We go to sleep right now?" Avery asked.

"Yes because you have school tomorrow Ry, so go to bed." Asim told her as she grabbed a hold of his arm and laid her head on his shoulder. Sincere put her arm over Avery.

"Night Simy and Sinny."

"Goodnight pooh."

"Goodnight Ry."