Alice : Chapter 12: Prelude to Death and Destruction

Alice's POV

10:26am, Safehouse

"Keep your distance... You smell like squid-" Arthrun teasing me while we're walking back to the safehouse.

"S-SHUT UP!! It's not my fault!! I was too exhausted from the fight yesterday!!" My defend on him while blushing.

"pfft~ you mean from having s*x with Berith-" he teased me again but I didn't say anything.

We arrived at the gate of the safehouse while my face is still as red as a tomato, he kept grinning at me which makes me get embarassed even more.

As soon as I opened the gate, he moved his nose closer to my shoulder and started sniffing me like a dog.

"W-W-What are you doing? stay away! I reek like a squid!! remember!?"

My reflex made me moved away from him and I crashed into the gate and the was opened forcefully. Art smiled on me and scratched the back of his head and looked away from me.

"A-Actually... you don't smell at all... in fact you smell really good-"

"W-What are you saying?! STUPID!! I HATE YOU!!"

 I might fall for you for real.... *blush

After complaining to him, we went inside the house, thinking that our friends will welcome us with a smile and a cup of coffee. It's been so long since we last saw them that I was kinda excited to see everyone especially my brother. Though the main reason why I joined Arthrun is because I don't want to see Genesis and Alex being lovey-dovey in front of me, every single day they're doing their lover's act in front of us that it pisses me off so bad.

I turned the knob and opened the door just to see a horrying scene like it came out of a horror movie. I was expecting to see their smile and not their brutal deaths.

My knees fell on the floor and tears started flowing out, Arthrun was schocked and speechless at the sight of Abyss hanging on the wall and a machete piercing his heart.

"N-No!!!" I shouted and denied the reality in front of me, it's too much for me to take their brutal death.

Arthrun kept silent while I bawl like a kid. It's frustrating that we weren't here to protect them when they need us the most.

F*ck... *sobs

While I was crying, Arthrun walked towards Abyss's corpse and pulled the machete out of his chest and his body fell on the flood like a pupper.

Arthrun may look calm and composed and he may not show his grief or anger but I can see that his hands are shaking because of frustration. He leaned Abyss's body against the wall and walked towards the t.v. and pulled the curtain behind the t.v. to Kheanne's naked body.

"Alice, help me... We should give them a proper burial..."

I didn't respond but he took Kheanne's body and put it beside's Abyss's corpse. I felt pathetic after seeing Arthrun's will to give our dead friends a proper burial. Arthrun looked at Lawrence's decapitated head on the table then he took another curtain and wrapped Lawrence's body parts and put it beside Abyss, then he walked beside the kitchen counter where Kysha is lying dead, he put the internal organs back and carried her like a princess and put her beside Abyss gently.