Art : Chapter 1: The Grim Reaper

The Grim Reaper, it's what they call the guy who wears a black suit and enjoys killing thousands of zombies and kills hundreds of human without mercy.

But in reality, four months ago I was just a normal high school student when the outbreak began. It was during the class when I noticed something was amiss and some of the students were gathered in the school gymnasium, but the school was attacked by zombies, many died and eaten alive, and since then I used my baseball bat to bash the head of the walking dead. I only kill zombies in order to survive, I have never killed an innocent people before, it was the rebels that gave me that name after clashing with their forces a lot of times and killing a lot of their comrades.

By the way, my name is Arthrun Blight, 18 years old, slim, athletic, and has a bad sense of direction. Before the zombie outbreak, I was just a normal baseball fan that's why I used to practice swinging my bat hundred times a day though I have never played the game. Since I liked the japanesque style school uniform, I never changed my outfit though I took the spare uniform from my house and the two of the guns that my father had collected.

"That was tiring-" I took the bottle of water in my bag and drink while holding my bloodstained baseball bat with my left hand.

I'm was drinking my water in peace when I noticed the post-apocalyptic view of the city, tall building fell and crumbled, vines had grown on the skyscrapers and an echoing groans of zombies. Before I arrived at the city of **** I was a attacked by a horde of zombies in the bridge connecting to the city. The city is clearly infested with dead walkers, countless of zombies may be eating people alive but I must find the R**** Mall.

A week has passed since I heard a transmission from a girl named, Eri.

"Survivors! if you hear this transmission, please come in R**** Mall, I have countless food supplies, clothes will not be a problem, you don't need to be aware that zombies may attack you during your sleep since this place is secured, I even have a lot of weapon inside, you don't need to worry about the rebels since we they don't have a chance against our defenses.. This is Eri and please come and join us to survive!"

Actually, I don't really care if the rebels attack the mall but at this rate, the people that heard the transmission may be killed either zombies or rebels. I must stop the transmission at all cost.

I stood up from the corpse I used as a chair and walked down the pile of zombies that I have killed.

"Now then, should I start searching for R**** Mall?"

---

4 hours later

After walking for 4 hours, I saw a lot of abandoned cars, unmanned tanks that was probably used to fight zombies during the heat of the outbreak, rubbles from fallen building everywhere, and corpses of both eaten human and dead zombies can be seen throughout the city.

It's not weird that even after walking for 4 hours in the open, I haven't met anyone alive, people are hiding from both zombies and rebels, they may be watching me from afar without me noticing, besides a lot of people have heard of the so-called Grim Reaper.

"P-Please! S-Spare us! *sob sob" I heard a man shout not far from where I'm standing.

I rushed to the place where the shout originated and saw a bunch of civilians kneeling in front of four rebels. I hid behind a pile of rubble not far from them and observed the situation.

There are four groups of rebels in the whole nation, Anti-Z Federation, Pioneers, Bagong Lipunan, and Blood Bullets.

The Anti-Z Federation  is a small group of rebels that hunts zombies in order to restore the normal lives of the people, they are not a bad group but they kill civilians who doesn't want to join their group. They wear casual clothes and carry guns around the city to instill fear for those who doesn't want to join.