Alice : Chapter 7: The Pain of Being Weak and Strong

Genesis's POV

5:27pm, Safehouse

As soon as we told the others the news about Karen, everyone cried, especially Alice who cried till she collapsed. We didn't tell them how Karen died cause it would be brutal if they learned the truth, Cid punched Arthrun and blamed him for Karen's death but he accepted the punch and didn't say anything.

"Stop Cid! It's not Arthrun's fault! We were just too late!" I defended him cause I know it's not his fault, my tears came out as I remembered Karen's brutal death.

"Shut up! Genesis! I-If only I came instead! S-She... She... *sobs" Cid cried in silence.

"If you came instead of me... you would have died too-" Arthrun's words may seem harsh but he is right.

"YOU B*STARD!!!" Cid tried to punch Arthrun again but he was stopped by Lawrence and Alex.

"what? gonna punch me again? go ahead if it's going to make you feel better-" Arthrun says.

" Cid stop it! it's not Art's fault! Art suffered enough! he's not a part of this group yet he still tried to save Karen! it's really my fault for being weak!"

Unexpectedly, Abyss came out of nowhere, his wounds is all patched with clothes but the blood is still coming out. His left arm is also slinged and he probably can't move it anymore.

"Cut it out Abyss... for now we should rest... I'll stay here for the time being in case the Doce Diablos came to take revenge-" Arthrun walks out the front door to sleep on the porch.

We remained silent when Arthrun left and the atmosphere also became gloomy. We all knew that Arthrun suffered a lot by killing his childhood's friend boyfriend and the same reason why he grown to hate crowds. Abyss blames himself because of his weakness and Arthrun suffers because of his strength yet his inability to do anything is what concerns him the most.

---

10:51pm, Porch

"hey..." I handed him a cup of coffee while he sits on the stairs alone.

"Thanks Jenica-" Arthrun took the cup of coffee then I sit beside him.

"By the way, Abyss said to give this to you-" I handed him a pack of cigarettes, he smiled then took it from my hand.

"ga'h! I hate this brand!" Despite complaining, he opened it and lit up a a stick.

"Arthrun, are you angry with Cid?"

"Not really..." he took a sip on his coffee.

"that so?" I also took a a sip on mine then looks at the sky.

The two of us didn't said a word and the only thing that we can hear is the wind blowing through our ears, I never actually talked with this guy but I heard a lot of things about him.