Chapter 14

Riley's P.O.V.

I tucked the kids in and went to lock the doors and turn the lights off. I went to my room to see Avery and Joe sleeping so peacefully. Avery is the kind of woman who I want to marry and who I want to have kids with some day. I know that out there somewhere is a women like her but it will be very very very hard to find her.

I took off my t-shirt and got into bed with Avery. I couldn't go to sleep so I just laid there watching duck hunting. I watched 2 or 3 episodes before I finally got sleepy. I turned was about to turn the tv off when a my phone went off with a notification that said a Severe thunderstorm, heavy rain, damaging winds and possible hail.

I hope the kids don't wake up scared. I thought to myself about the kids in the next room. I turned the tv off and slide under the covers more, facing Avery who was facing me. Just then, a very very loud clap of thunder making Avery jump up frightened not knowing what's going on.

"what was that? she asked breathing heavy

I took hold of her and pulled her into my body "it was just thunder"

"it scared the crap out of me, I didn't even know it was supposed to do anything." she said laying on my arm going back to sleep.

  I love just laying best her. She's so beautiful when she sleeps. Her hair falls the right way. Her eyelashes are so long. The small amount of freckles on her face. She's so perfect.   What am I thinking. She's my best friend no no no stop thinking like that.

About 3:00 in the morning it thundered really loud and Joe started crying, Avery got up and got him and laid him in between us in the bed. He cuddled up against her chest and went right back to sleep. I thought to myself she is going to be an amazing mom one day.
  Nancy has never liked storms. She came to my side of the bed asking to sleep with me. So I moved over so she had enough room and we were all back to sleep in no time.

Avery's p.o.v.
I woke up about 7:30. Joe woke up about the time I did. I looked over to see Nancy cuddled up to Riley. I took joe downstairs with me. I changed him and put him in his high chair while I cooked breakfast. Breakfast was almost done when I felt warm strong arms wrap around me.
I jumped not expecting it. Realizing it was Riley and I giggled.
"You know. You look good in my shirt." He said stepping back
"Why? Because it's super long on me?" I asked looking down at the shirt that comes a little below my mid thigh
"Mmmm maybe. But there is something else. I just can't put my finger on it." He said scratching his head.
"Here. Fix your plate." I already had the kids plates fixed. I sat down to feed Joe and hollered for the others to come eat.

It was still raining outside. I looked at the weather on my phone and it was supposed to be raining all day. 
    "Okay. So looks like we will be cooped up in the house all day because of the rain. What do y'all wanna do? Okay games or lay around and watch movies all day?"

"Movies" Nancy said
  "Watch movies all day" Nate said agreeing with Nancy
  "Eat popcorn and watch movies" Riley said and the others laughed
"Okay then sounds good to me" I said putting mine and Joe's plate in the sink.

I put in a movie for the kids and went back into the kitchen to clean up after breakfast. Riley's phone was sitting on the counter and it started ringing. So I look at who it was, I didn't know the number so I took him his phone.
"Idk who it is" I said handing it to him
"Okay. Thank you" he said getting up walking to the back porch to talk

Riley's p.o.v.
Hello??
Hello, is this Riley Green?
Yes sir this is
Good good this is Joey from Joe's bar in Georgia. I was wondering if you would like to come play a few songs this weekend?
Really?! Yes sir I would love to.
Okay. Can you be down here sayyy between 5&6pm Friday? I'll pay for you a hotel room.
Yes sir I will be there!! May I bring a friend?
Yes you may. Would you like 1 or 2 beds in your room?
Mmmm just one is fine. Thank you so much sir have a good day

I walked back inside and Avery was just finishing cleaning the kitchen. Joe was asleep and the others were watching a movie.

  "Who was that" Avery asked

  "Ohhhhh no one. Just someone who wants me to come play at his bar for the weekend" her face lit up
   "NO WAYY WHAT. ARE YOU GOING TO?!?"

"Nah." I said

"What the heck why not?!???" She was upset and mad

  "I'm kidding. I told him I would. And your going with me. It's in Georgia. We have to be there about 5 Friday." I said

   She looked confused. "Why am I going?"

"Uhm because I want you to. I've played a few bars but you were gone. You haven't been with me and I want you to go with me please" I begged her.

     "Okay. Yes I will go with you! How long are we staying?" She asked walking into the living room

   "Mmmmm we will come back Sunday around lunch prolly" I said laying out on the couch

"Yay. Wait what am I gonna do while your singing?" She asked sitting infront of me

"Mmm idk drink? Sit front stage? Hang out back stage?" I said as she just laughed at me

It thundered really loud making her jump. The power went out, it was really dark outside. All the kids were sound asleep. Avery looked at me
   "Come here" I said holding my arm out for her to come lay by me

We laid there in silence. I was running my fingers through her hair as she dozed off to sleep.
  Soon after I fell asleep as well.