Chapter 6

I avoided the question and jumped out of his truck running into the hospital. I saw my brothers and Riley's sisters sitting in the waiting room.

"Hey guys" i walked over to the waiting room they all looked up in disbelief that i was there

"Do you want to go see Ri?" Casey asked hugging me

"yeah.." i asked as she started walking down the hall

"Here he is.. I think mom and dad are in there but go on in, ill be down the hall" she said knocking and walking off

"come in" i heard a voice

i slowly opened the door and walked on in. Riley's mom and dad we sitting beside him. They looked up at me shocked.

"uhm. i uhm ill come back, sorry for interrupting." i said as i turned around Karen came up to be and put her hands on my arms

"it is okay. we will go out so you can see him. we have missed you so much." she said hugged me then motioning for Riley's dad to leave with her.

Where they were standing when i walked in the were hiding Riley's body from me. When they walked out of the room i took a deep breathe turning around.

" oh my gosh, Ri. I am so sorry this happened to you. It really should have happened to me and not you. I am the one who should be laid up in a hospital bed" i said sitting down looking at the cast on his left arm and a boot on his left boot with cuts and scratches all over him. I sat in a chair on his right side and took his hand into mine.

i took another deep breathe and said " Look Riley, I know you can't hear me right now but you just do not understand how much i have missed you. I know you probably don't want to hear this but i met a guy in New York, he is very kind and I think i love him Riley. He is the first boy that i have kissed. well technically you are but anyways, the first night in my apartment there was a boy brought me cookies and welcomed me. We always talked about city people and laughed about them, but really they aren't that bad. He was born and raised in NY. When i get back from visiting this week we are going to dinner with his parents. Im really kinda nervous..."

Riley's P.O.V.

The last thing i remember was getting in my truck to go to mine and Avery's place because i have missed her so much. I woke up to see my mom and dad talking to a female figure. I closed my eyes and laid there because for some reason I was extremely exhausted. The girl started talking and i knew that it was Avery's i wanted to open my eyes and talk to her but she started talking and getting emotional and i loved listening to her talk so i just laid there with my eyes closed with my hand still in hers listening to her ramble on

"I wish that i didn't leave you like that. I wish that i could go back. But honestly Ri, I dont know but something about that kiss made me want to scream and laugh and cry and jump around. I started having strong feelings for you and i didn't know what to say or do when you kissed me, but now i know that i should not have ran out like i did because now this is my fault that you had a wreck and are in the hospital." she took a deep breathe and started talking again. "i dont know really why i am telling you this, 1 because you cant hear me and 2 because i have a boyfriend." she sniffled and looked down, i felt something wet drop on my hand as she held it tight i opened my eye hoping she wasn't looking. she was looking down with tears falling down her face.

"I should have never moved to New York, because now my mom says that i have a big head from living in New York, and my best friend is in a coma in the freaking hospital" she got out of the seat and walked to the sink with a mirror and looked in the mirror. "what have i done to myself and my family and my best friend damn- it. I am such a awful person. Riley please wake up. I miss your blue eyes. I miss your voice. I miss your hugs and laughs. I miss you Ri. I'm gonna let Harris come in, he got me from the airport today. I love you Riley, I'll be back later" she said it got quiet then i felt to soft lips on my forehead.

she walked out. i thought to myself "why did you not open you eyes and say something to her. you are a damn idiot"

Then i heard a knock on the door, Harris walked in and when he saw that i was awake he said " I will be right back. I'm going to get your nurse" he walked out and a few minutes later came back in with the nurse and my mom and dad and sisters.

   "Mr Riley. How are you feeling today?" She asked me.

    "I'm feeling okay I guess." I told her looking at everyone.
   My mom came over to me and hugged me. And missed my cheek. "I'm so glad you are awake"

the nurse left and Harris left it was just mom dad my sisters and i. All i could think about was Avery.

"where is Avery?" I asked

"she left. she said she had somewhere to go. she will be back later tho." Haley said

Avery's P.O.V.

I left Riley's room and told everyone in the waiting room that i had some go somewhere but i would be back later. Harris is letting me barrow his truck, I drove to mine and Riley's spot and sat on our rock looking around as i started crying. I sat there crying for a long time, I prayed to God for him to help me know what to do and to be with Riley and help me talk to my mom. I sat there for a little while longer. I walked back to the truck and looked at the time on my phone seeing messages that Riley is awake. It was 7:15pm so i got into the truck and drive to my parents house.

I knocked on the door and my daddy opened it.
   "OHHH come here! i am so glad you are home"  he pulled me into a big hug standing there in his arms i cried and he told me everything would be okay

3 CHAPTERS TODAYYYY!!!!!!!!