One

I woke up this morning, looking at the mini clock on my wall

I woke up this morning, looking at the mini clock on my wall. Today was my first day in LA and I had absolutely nothing to do. I had moved out here with my parents since my dad had gotten a new job.

Surprisingly, I wasn't sad about moving from Chicago. I had no friends like that, all I had was myself.

Shit, I don't even have a family like that. My dad is always at work while my mom is at home. You may think she talks to me but actually she's always out or cleaning the house trying to avoid me in any way.

I looked up as I heard the door started to open.

"Hey honey," My mom said softly as she walked into the room.

She sat on the edge of my bed and looked around at the room, probably at my posters.

"Your room is nicely decorated..." My mom said, looking at me with a smile.

My face was motionless, then I smiled quickly, going back to frowning after.

"You should go out and look around. Oh! There's a skate shop a few blocks away, I know you'd like to look." She said, smiling brightly.

I guess I can go look for a new skateboard.

I've skated since I was twelve years old at least. Now being 15, I've been skating for three years.

"Okay." I said, looking at my mom and shrugging.

My mom smiled excitedly and pulled out a few dollars from her pocket.

"Great! Here's some money for the bus and just in case if you find anything." She said while starting to leave my room.

'The bus?' I thought to myself before realizing it couldnt be that bad.

I looked back down at the money she gave me.

Ten dollars wouldnt be enough for a skateboard but it could be for some food.

After my mom had finally left the room, I closed the door behind her and locked it.

Now I can finally start my day.

I went into my closet, starting to look for stuff I can wear in 90 degree weather. When I started to give up and stay inside I found a black shirt that said a random school name on it.

"Probably dad's..." I mumbled to myself before grabbing it and sitting it on my bed.

Since it was long enough to be a dress I decided to grab so black shorts to put under it.

By twelve-thrity I was ready to leave the house. I brushed my hair and sitcked two bobby pins on each side. Grabbing a necklace that said 'angel' on it I put it on, clipping it around my neck.

Lastly, I grabbed my black skateboard and walked out of the house, going to the bus stop down the street.

I skated down the street, mumbling songs to myself and nodding my head like it was actually playing. When the bus had pulled up in front of me I picked up my skateboard, getting on.

With my head leaning against the window, I looked at the streets of the new town I'd be living in.

'Maybe this town wont be so bad...' I thought to myself.

The bus had come to a stop in front of a bunch of stores and I had gotten off.

I looked around, seeing kids play outside of stores and people walking. All of the stores didn't seem like it was something I would shop or go look at.

Finally, I had looked at the last store, seeing a skate shop. I smiled to myself, starting to walk to the store.

'Maybe, this won't be so bad...' I thought before going inside.
••
Word count: 616
A/n~ Yo im really excited for this book tbh. Hope you enjoyed this chapter💞
~Amanee