36. Assurance

It's dark, musty. Dried blood, fresh blood. Red drips down from the walls from previous inhabitants. The cement soaking up the fresh blood with hunger as the wooden chair becomes littered with indents.

Levi shoved the chair down, making the dealer short of breath. He squished his boot against the chubby, bloodied face with dirty tears and snot of pain rolling down his cheeks.

"I'm gonna ask you one last time. What do the drugs do?" I asked monotonously as the man whimpered. Levi put more pressure into his face before stepping on his forearm where his dangling wrist was strapped to the arm of the chair. He screeched in pain with wide eyes.

"I-I can't!" I felt irritation surge through me and I pulled him back up. He didn't have time to rest as I snagged his hair.

"I could rip this incompetent head off of your fat neck this instant if I wanted to. Don't test me. Now answer my question or the last thing you'll see is his boot stomping on your head till your brain explodes." I growled menacingly as he shivered. A moment of silence ensued for a few minutes. I was about to kick his groin until Levi stopped me.

"I-It depends on the c-color." He sputtered out. I roughly let go of his hair and crossed my arms as Levi stood next to me.

"I-It gives the user advanced human senses. S-Strength, s-sight, hearing, a-agility - things like t-those." He coughed out blood, almost landing on my boots. I didn't even flinch as I glanced up in the corner of the room where a small camera was perched. I tapped my ear before directing my attention back to the man.

"The Titans have been searching sources of stronger substances through different dealers." He coughed out.

"Have they found stronger substances?" I asked but he shook his head. I stomped my foot onto his foot and he screamed out in pain.

"I S-SWEAR I DON'T KNOW!" I released the pressure on his foot and Levi grew closer.

"Then what do you know? Speak now before I rip each and every gold tooth in that gluttonous mouth of yours." The man instantly gritted his teeth but forced himself to speak.

"The Titans told me they wouldn't need me anymore, saying they found a gold mine of Biters. I don't know anything after that. They cut off contact with me. Since then I have been meeting nobles for money and trade. T-That's all I know, I swear! I don't know what they do 24/7!" The man groaned in pain. Levi pulled away from the man and looked back at me.

"What do you think?" He asked. I ran my fingers through my hair with a sigh and shrugged.

"I think we're done here for now. We could always come back." I said tiredly. Levi nodded and guided me with his hand on the small of my back out the door. We hadn't slept for 14 hours now. After bringing the dealer into custody, Erwin immediately urged us to "talk" to him, not knowing of the situation we were in before coming in.

"...Hah. I see." The dealer said, making us freeze. We both turned back to see the dealer with a sickening grin, blood trailing down from his nose, mouth, and head.

"What do you mean?" Levi defensively said. The man eyed me closely, lingering his gaze on my stomach. Levi noticed and unconsciously stepped in front of me slightly.

"I overheard you earlier. I know who you are now...you looked familiar but I couldn't put my finger on it. You won't be safe. You'll never be safe. You can be careful, but they'll come and get you soon. Just wait patiently...(y/n)." Levi snapped and he lunged towards the man, beating him repeatedly. I couldn't move as I froze in my spot. My eyes were wide with shock as agents barged in, separating Levi from the man.

"HOW DO YOU KNOW!" He yelled angrily, eyes narrowed and breathing ragged. The man simply laughed and spit out a tooth at Levi, hitting his chest with it.