26. Dead

Boom

A sudden force of power hit all of us and we flew in different directions of the room. I felt the air push out of my lungs as I hit a car door. I landed in a fetal position as I still tried to process what was happening.

Someone threw a flashbang.

My head lifted up weakly to see a titan.

A female titan.

The same one that shot Armin. My fists clench at the sudden memory. I tried to get up with great effort. My arms were shaking and I felt a huge pain in my back. I shakily get up and with other hand holding onto my side where I felt a bruise start to form. I went to grab my gun.

Only to feel air.

"Sh(itaki mushrooms)," I muttered as I realized that I didn't bring my weapons down here. They were still in the car. I look around to see some people engaging in combat with the female titan. She was dodging everyone swiftly and sometimes throwing them against the wall. Some hit the wall so hard that they were squashed. I saw Erwin getting up and spewing out commands left and right. I felt someone give me their shoulder and look to my side to see Petra. She had a little bit of dirt on her face but either than that, she looked alright.

"Are you okay???" Petra asked and I nodded. My vision was slightly blurry from the flashbang but I could see almost everything. She guided me towards the side where Levi was holding Eren. Eren looked up at the female titan and I could see his anger flare in his eyes. He pushed Levi away and was about to bite his finger before I stopped him.

"Eren, they're looking for you," I say, still trying to catch my breath.

"I know! So they're gonna get me. In full force too!" He said with determination. Levi looked at the female titan and spoke. By this time, the rest of the Special Operations Squad appeared next to us.

"Do you not trust us?" Eren stopped and looked at Levi in confusion.

"What?"

"Do you not trust us?" Levi asked again.

"Of course I trust you guys."

"Then let us handle it. Unless you want to show us how you really feel about the Survey Corps." Eren looked at him and glanced back at his finger. Eren put down his hand and looked at the female titan in anger. Levi nodded and looked at the female titan as well.

"Let Erwin handle it."

As he said that, the female titan was led outside of the room. Directly out of this room was the underground. A forest with thick, tall trees were growing here. They were special kind of trees that didn't require sunlight to grow. As she was being led outside everyone in the room quickly went into action and positioned themselves into formations. Erwin was throwing out command after command as people rushed to get into position to capture the female. As she was being led further, wires shot from multiple trees. They grasped onto the female titan and she instantly covered her nape. I noticed her quick action to cover it and took a mental note to ask about it later.

"We made sure to make arrangements in case of a situation like this Captain," Petra told me and I nodded.

"The wires will hold her down so that we can have time to find out her identity. If she's familiar she will face harsh consequences and questioning. If not, it will still be the same." Petra continued and I hummed in response. I let go of her once I felt like I was stable. Erwin wobbled over to us with people following after him.

"Are you okay?" Erwin asked all of us and we nodded. He then looked directly at me.

"I apologize for not telling you sooner, I just wanted you to have a nice day with no worries for once," Erwin said with sincerity clear in his voice. I shrugged.