Chapter Thirty-Four: Unlikely Pair.

The air outside is relatively warm for the first time in months. I hadn't even taken a moment to admire the first breath of spring earlier while running through the woods. But now, as Tiberius and I exit the car and make our way to his front door, I focus on it rather than the issue at hand. His mother.

I look down, examining my outfit. I tried to pick something timeless to wear, but it doesn't make me feel good about myself. I'm too busy having an inner panic attack at what might happen just seconds from now.

As we near the front door, I slow to a halt.

Tiberius turns to look at me, tilting his head to the side sympathetically.

"She knows we're here now," he mouths to me. I close my eyes and nod quickly, continuing towards the door.

This is it. And it can either go okay, or it could go horribly wrong.

I take a deep breath as Tiberius's hand reaches for the door. My stomach bubbles with nervous anticipation.

Once the door is open, we both walk inside, into the grand living room.

Sitting across the room, on the large couch is a petite women with black hair. Despite probably being in her 50's, she is gorgeous.

Her long black hair, curls elegantly down her back and her outfit puts mine to shame

Her long black hair, curls elegantly down her back and her outfit puts mine to shame. Just looking at her makes me feel cheap. Her legs are crossed, showing off the red bottom of her Christian Louboutin heel.

She looks between the two off us, then stands up. She doesn't use her vampire ability to speed over, but rather walks gracefully towards us.

"So... you are the woman who holds my sons heart," she says, evaluating me with eyes of judgment. I swallow, knowing she can hear it.

As I open my mouth to speak, she looks at Tiberius.

"A human," she says to him. Her face appears blank but I'm guessing she is not happy about this.

"Yes," Tiberius says, not letting go of my hand.

Suddenly she smiles at him. I look at him, wondering what is happening.

"Okay."

That is all she says. Just okay.

She looks back to me, studying my face now.

"And what is your name, may I ask," she says.

"Rosalie," I say, playing with my bracelet nervously. She looks down at my wrist and I quickly stop but I know she's already noticed.

"What a pretty name," she says pausing to glance at Tiberius, "I'm assuming you know who I am."

I nod and smile.

"Yes."

She nods curtly before turning around and sitting back on the couch.

Tiberius places a firm hand on my back, pushing me forward to follow.