Chapter Two: Odd Encounters.

I slept the entire day and through that night. I guess I really was exhausted from the bus ride. I hadn't even realized just how tired I was.

When I wake up my stomach growls loudly. I'm starving.

I almost forget where I am and have to think a minute on how to get back to the living room.

Once my brain starts working a little better, I remember that the stairs are down the long hallway to the right. However, before I go downstairs I make a pit stop to the bathroom. I really have to pee.

The bright light makes me squint a little. When I look at myself in the mirror I can't help but laugh at my own reflection. Wow, did I look horrible.

I take my time peeing, pulling my long brown hair up into a messy bun and brushing my teeth; luckily they had an unopened box of spare tooth brushes under the sink. I chose the pink one.

I still somehow manage to have dark bags under my eyes, how I was unsure considering I had just slept for literally 24 hours. But I was sure about one thing, I was starving!

I walk downstairs where Aunt Ruth, Alysa and Brandon all sit on the large sectional watching television.

"She lives!" Brandon shouts making me laugh. Max gets up as well, running up to me excitedly.

"How'd you sleep?" Alysa asks. I pet Max's head as he leans against me, his tongue hanging out happily.

I am about to reply when my stomach growls extremely loud.

"Let gets this girl some food!" Ruth says standing up.

"We were all actually going to go out for lunch today, we do this almost every Sunday," Alysa says smiling.

"Yeah sure, I'm honestly down for anything right now," I laugh.

"Okay well it's only a few minutes away," she continues.

"Yeah, let me just change into some different clothes," I say, hurrying back upstairs.

I would honestly rather take a shower first but I didn't want them to have to wait for me so instead I just slipped on a pair of leggings and a sweatshirt.

"Mom, can Rosalie ride with me?" Alysa asks after I return downstairs.

"I suppose, but please be carful dear." Her mother looks slightly worried, I wonder why.

We all walk out to the garage where my aunt and Brandon get into her car and Alysa and I get into her black Mitsubishi Eclipse. I could tell it was a fairly new model, well for being a used car anyway, probably a 2009 or 2010.

"Nice car," I complement. The inside is extremely clean and tidy. The only thing in the back seat are a few school books.

"Thanks! My dad bought it for me last year when I finished drivers ed."

"How is Uncle Paul anyway? I haven't saw him in a while... mom kinda stopped talking about him after the divorce," I say, studying her face.

She only smiles.

"He is great actually. He got a new job a few years ago and got remarried to my step mom Barbara and they bought a house together down in California," she says, looking behind her and pulling out of the garage.

"Wow that's great for him."

"Yeah, it's my mom I'm more worried about... she has practically dedicated her whole life to taking care of Brandon and me and rarely does anything for herself... sometimes I wonder if she will ever meet anyone else," Alysa sighs.