Chapter Twenty-Eight: Don't Leave.

Song for this chapter: Quit- by Ariana Grande

My eyes open to the sun-light gleaming through my blinds.

Recalling what I told myself last night, I get up and stretch out my arms.

Today will be a good day.

It's only 7:30. Wow, I'm surprised I'm awake so early, seeing that I went to bed at nearly 4:30 last night.

I walk into the bathroom and stare at my reflection.

Despite the bags under my eyes, my face is to be expected. A pimple here and there but nothing too noticeable.

I grab a cotton swab and clean out each of my piercings with alcohol.

It burns slightly but I hardly even notice.

From across the hall, I hear the sound of Alysa's door creaking open.

I finish up and quickly open the door just in time to see her in front of me.

"Hey, you're up early..." she says looking at me curiously. I take a moment just to study her. She was the first person who was here for me after my parents died. And I have treated her horribly.

"Did you have fun at the concert last night?" She asks nervously, as I scan her face.

"I didn't end up going... you were right, Tiberius isn't w-"

"Rosalie, I am so sorry about what I said last night. Sometimes I just don't know when to hold my tongue. If you want to make amends with Tiberius, I think that is great. Because wasting time being angry at someone is never worth it," She says.

I let her words sink in for a moment. Maybe that is what I have been missing these past few months. Forgiveness.

All this time I've been plotting ways to extract my revenge on Tiberius instead of even thinking about forgiveness.

Maybe that will end my infatuation with him. Maybe I don't love him after all... I just need to rid my mind of him through, forgiveness.

"You're right Alysa, forgiveness is the most important thing you could ever give someone. Which is why, I hope you can find it in your heart to forgive me for shutting you out," I say looking down.

She shouldn't have to forgive me, because I never should have done this to her. She has always been there for me... even at my absolute worst. And through it all, she has never once faltered.

"Of course Rosalie, there is nothing to forgive," She says smiling widely at me.

I smile as well, and it is a real smile. I didn't even have to force it.

"Well, I'm gonna be late for school so I better go... but I'll see you when I get home," she says still smiling.

"Yeah, yeah, don't be late! See you later," I say shooing her down the stairs.

Next stop, Tiberius.

~

I pull into the bumpy gravel driveway, bracing myself for his large brick house to come into view.

I haven't been here since... that night.

Although I try not to think about it, the memories; the feelings, from that night, consume me.

The house looks even bigger than I remember, with the large driveway wrapping around the front of it. Tiberius's Aston Martin is parked out front and I pull in behind it and park.

I wonder how far Tiberius can hear?

My shoes click on the concrete as I walk slowly, taking my time to study the beautiful, ancient mansion. I can't believe I once spent so much time here... I've slept here! It seems like so long ago...