Chapter Ten: Mud Stains and Tear Streaks.

I fell asleep on the ride back to the house. I was exhausted to say the least.

I felt bad for Andrew because he was so worried about me. I could tell he blamed himself for not being there for me even though it shouldn't be his job to keep track of me.

And then there was Tiberius.

The events from this evening have left me in udder shock. Do I believe him? I'm unsure what to believe at this point. Was it all just a dream? That is what it felt like.

"Hey, Rosalie, wake up we are here," Andrew says shaking me. I open my eyes slowly, waiting for them to focus on my surroundings.

It takes a second, but once they do, I can see that we are indeed outside of the Trinity's house.

I sigh and grab the door handle sluggishly.

My legs buckle as I stand causing me to cling to the door for support.

"Babe do you need help?" He asks already undoing his seatbelt.

"No, I've got it."

I stand up straight and blink repeatedly to wake myself up a little more.

Despite my requests, Andrew is next to me helping me up.

"I said I could do it myself," I say with a little more attitude than I had intended.

"I'm... sorry."

He reluctantly releases me and I feel my heart break a little for him. I'm just so tired of the "damsel in destress" I've been playing the role of all day. First with Tiberius and now with Andrew. I just want to do something myself for once. I don't want to be in need of constant savior and even more than that, I don't want to have to rely on anyone but myself.

"No, I'm sorry. I'm just tired. I don't mean to be snappy," I give him a small half smile.

Leaning up, I kiss his cheek lightly. However, as I close my eyes, it is not Andrews face I imagine in my mind. I am ashamed of myself for imagining Tiberius in front of me. I wish I wasn't so drawn to him. I don't even understand the impulse I have connecting me to him.

When I pull away, Andrew gives me an unsure smile back.

"Alright, goodnight Rosalie."

"Goodnight Andrew."

With that I walk inside where I am immediately greeted my Max whom accompanies me to my room.

I take my muddy boots and stained coat off and nearly pass out as soon as my head hits the pillow.

The sun shines through my window for once as I wake up. The sun never shines here. It's... nice.

Max still lays curled up next to me on my bed. He must have sensed how stressed I was last night. Dogs can sense things like that right?

When he feels me move, he looks up wagging his fluffy, golden tail.

I smile down at him and pet his head.

I'm relieved as I remember I don't have school for the next two weeks. I haven't been going to school but a month and I'm already longing for a break.

I get up and walk downstairs. Everyone is already awake and sitting at the table for breakfast.

"Damn, how'd you sleep?" Brandon laughs at me.

I look at him confused.

Alyssa looks over and her eyes widen as she takes in my appearance.

I hadn't used the bathroom before coming down here so I hadn't looked at myself.