Chapter Sixteen: Try Again.

His expression remains the same as he waits for me to elaborate on my statement.

"Everything was fine until you got involved in my life. I thought you felt the same about me but then you totally ghosted me for whatever reason. I can't even believe I'm admitting this to you, but I thought about you every day wondering why you just ignored me. So to get you out of my head, I started hanging out with Andrew. No sooner did he ask me to be his girlfriend you weaseled your way back into my life. I was content! Happy even, until you started fucking with me again. Then my thoughts were no longer focused around Andrew, my boyfriend, but you. Again." I say.

I'm too drained of energy to even put emotion into my words. They sort of just come out in monotone.

I sit down on my bed while he stays standing, frozen.

We stay like that for a while; silent, not moving. I begin to think he will never say anything at all. Should I continue to speak? What was left to say? I broke up with Andrew. I could tell him that but it would probably only satisfy him, knowing I'm miserable now.

I've never even actually been friends with this guy, let alone date him, and he's already managed to make me go insane.

"I- I never knew I had done that to you, Rosalie." He says suddenly. "I'm sincerely sorry, from the bottom of my heart. I will leave you alone from now on. I will walk out of this house and you won't see me again except the occasional passing. I won't approach you. If you happen to come over I will leave, if that's what you want. It was never my intention to make you feel bad about yourself Rosalie. I hope you know that."

And with that, he turns back towards the window from which he came.

I find myself itching to stop him. If I let him climb out of here, I fear I won't have another chance to express the other half of my emotions.

The half that doesn't care about the pain I've caused Andrew or anyone else. The half that so desperately seeks happiness in any form. The half with the desire to obtain more knowledge of this beautiful man standing in front of me.

If I let him go, I can't do that. But if I stop him who knows what hidden doors will be opened.

Is that really a chance I'm willing to take?

He sticks his torso out of the window and hoists his right leg up onto the windowsill as if he is just going to jump out.

"Wait," I blurt.

He puts his leg down quickly and turns towards me.

"My Aunt and cousin aren't home and Alysa is in her room getting ready. You don't have to crawl out of the window," I say biting my lip. Suddenly that nervousness I always feel for him has returned.

"Thank you... Rosalie."

Just the way he says my name gives me pleasureful chills.

I stand to show him out the front door but stop before I can leave my room.

I turn to him looking into his deep velvet blue eyes.

"I broke up with him... Andrew, I mean. I knew that what I felt for him wasn't nearly the same as what I felt for you. And that was before you even kissed me or touched me or anything. I knew if I felt that much for you from just our energy, Andrew would never compare."

His eyes widen at my words. He takes a second to grasp what I'm saying then looks at me once again.

He opens his mouth to speak but then closes it again, as if choosing his words carefully.

Suddenly, his hand rests ever so naturally on my cheek. I can feel the vibration of his frigid fingers on my boiling skin. Such a fire and ice combination.