Chapter Eight: Missing You.

If there's one thing I hate most in this world, it's liars. I absolutely despise being lied to and it is something that I don't take lightly, even if it is something small or insignificant.

It shows me that that person doesn't mind deceiving me and would probably do it again.

After the 9th day that Tiberius doesn't call or text, I finally force myself to meet the realization that he was never into me. It was all just in my head. It's that simple but my brain made it more than it was.

However, I still find myself dwelling on the fact that he promised me he would text me this time. I suppose he must have just been being nice. Or trying to at least. But I wish he hadn't even bothered. I would have much rather him have never even talked to me.

When the final bell finally rings at the end of 7th period, I am ready to fly out the door.

It's Monday and I'm beat. Although I didn't do much over the weekend, I did stay up late watching Netflix on both Friday and Saturday night which was enough to ravage my sleeping schedule.

I walk outside to meet Alysa by her car. I have taken the time to acknowledge her cheerleading schedule so I know she doesn't have practice today. She only has them Tuesday's, Thursday's and Fridays. On those days I ride with Brandon.

When I get outside into the bitter air, she isn't there yet but I don't make a fuss. She always takes a few minutes since she walks so slow with her friends.

Out of the corner of my eye, I spot something black. When I turn, I see it's Tiberius' black sports car. I can easily distinguish it from any other car because nobody in this small town has a car even remotely as nice as it.

I feel a chill run down my spine as I force myself to look away momentarily. I didn't want him to think I was pining over him like some sad little girl... even though I had been thinking about him a lot over the last week.

When I look back over, he is out of his car and staring directly at me.

His face displays a sad, sorrowful look. When he notices me staring back coldly he takes a few steps forward as though he is about to say something but then, from behind him, Serena appears, calling his name.

He quickly turns back towards her and she shakes her head. Why was she so against me? What did I ever even do to her?

I clench my jaw tightly and look away. I could feel my fists clenching in my pockets. Why was I like this? Why was I so desperate for this one person who clearly doesn't feel the same? I need to admit to myself that there is nothing there, for my own good.

"Hey, you ready to go? Sorry it took so long Hayley was talking off my ear about Brandon. Did you hear he and Serena broke up yesterday?" Alysa asks. I furrow my eyebrows. What? I had no idea about this. This morning at breakfast Brandon seemed completely normal.

"Wait, really? Who told you that?" I ask, not even believing it.

"Yeah, the whole school has been gabbing about it all day," she says as we get in her car.

"Hm... no, I didn't know. That sucks though, does anyone know why?" I ask.

"No. I'm going to ask Brandon when we get home. But Hayley is ecstatic, she's already telling me how perfectly she plans to win him over. Bleh," she says as she pulls out of the school parking lot.

I shake my head. Really she can't even wait a couple of days before pouncing on him like that? I would take the time to tell her she will just be a rebound that way but there is no talking sense into that girl. She's not even blonde but she's not the brightest bulb by far.