Chapter Thirty Eight

Courtney's POV;

Pattie and Jeremy had decided that despite today being Christmas, the day was far too eventful and tiring to be fully enjoyed the way Christmas day should be. Therefore, the multiple presents wrapped and neatly placed under the tree would be opened in the morning - much to Jazmyn's disappointment. Justin and I both agreed that pretending tomorrow is Christmas would be a good idea, as we were both shattered and counting down the minutes until we could be under the duvet, wrapped in eachother's embrace.

After a wonderful meal cooked by Pattie herself, and the surprise of Jazmyn's touching Christmas wish, it was time to clear the table from scraped clean empty plates and dishes. I quickly volunteered to help Pattie with the dishes, wanting desperately for Justin and Jeremy to have at least a little time together without Pattie and I over their shoulders. "Thank you, dear" Pattie spoke, taking the rather heavy dish from me and I began to head back to retrieve more, "Courtney, honey".

"Yes?" I turned, my eyebrows perking up in curiosity and I placed the light tea-towel on the kitchen counter, watching Pattie as she continued to wash the dishes.

"I just wanted to say, rather quickly, that I'm terribly thankful for the support and love you've shown my baby" Her soft voice flowed, her actions stilled as she pulled the rubber gloves off and motioned me forwards. "He used to be so quiet, and although he still is, he isn't nearly as closed off and void of emotion as he used to be; and we have you to thank for that" she appreciatively hugged me, her motherly fondness simply emitting and I found myself hugging back a person I saw more as a motherly figure than my own mother. 

I tried to find words to say after her praise, but I failed and so remained silent during the hug. "He loves you, you know" she whispered, a soft smile playing on her lips. I couldn't help but smile as my cheeks tinted a dark red and my teeth bit into my lip, thinking about Justin who sat just next door, and the affection he showed me so often.

"I love him too" I nodded, finding it as my time to turn around and continue helping as she just smiled joyfully, knowing that her son's feelings were mirrored.

Justin and Jeremy continued to talk as I walked in, Justin's eyes flickering to me fondly as he gave a thoughtful smile of love and appreciation. "Ah, Courtney, I was just telling Justin about a little park nearby, their holding an ice rink there at the moment for the next couple of weeks while this cold weather stays, thought we could all take a trip there if you'd like?" Jeremy kindly questioned, and I had no reason and no desire to say no and so I agreed whole-heatedly.

"Fantastic!" He expressed, before I left as they continued to talk between them.

Once the dishes were cleared and washed, I explained to Pattie that I was craving a good nights rest, and so bid her goodnight, and she left to join Justin and Jeremy who were still talking among themselves, after placing a loving kiss on my cheek.

Pattie said she would inform Justin that I had left to go to bed, and so I went straight upstairs and into the bathroom to get ready. My face was washed, my teeth brushed, my hair tied back and my pyjamas on by the time I was in Justin's room. His room was rather large with a floor to ceiling window at one wall. His boxes were still staked in one corner of the room, and mine had been placed beside them. The bed-sheets were still slightly disheveled after we slept in them last night, despite me making the bed this morning. 

I welcomed the comfort of pillows and duvets and Justin's earthy yet fresh scent with open arms, my nose nudged into the crisp white pillow, encasing me in the scent I so commonly associated with Justin. I moved over to one side of the bed, allowing Justin to get in once he grew tired and headed upstairs.

It wasn't long before he did just that, and I heard the tap turn on and off in the bathroom close by before he shuffled into the white sheets freshened up. His bare chest emitted heat, and his warm minty breath hit my back as he exhaled slowly. Everything was perfectly still and silent, only our shallow breathing to be heard, until the sheets ruffled when I turned to face Justin, immediately finding his dark orbs that illuminated in the dim moonlight, as he had been watching me so intently. Only then did his hands find my hips, and he pulled me closer to his chest by my waist, giving me goosebumps despite the sudden increase in temperature. My head rested on his bare chest that rose and fell slowly in a slow rhythm, our legs entangled and our hands entwined at his sides.

"I love you" he whispered, leaning downwards momentarily to place a small and caring kiss to my forehead at my hairline, and I began to drift to asleep in his arms, his actions only prompting for my eyes to close and for my mind to completely surrender to sleep and the dreams I was sure to have; but yet I made sure not to lose consciousness until the gentle words "I love you" quietly left my mouth.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I would love to hear your thoughts on this chapter and the whole story so far, every comment I recieve is taken into account :)

Please, if you have the time, read my new story 'Prom Bitch' a Luke Hemmings fanfiction, as I am in need for views on the few chapters I have written so far.

Thank you for reading! Love, Alice x