Chapter Thirty Three

Justin's POV;

I woke up to the gentle and soothing sound of Courtney's steady breathing. Her warm breath heating my bare chest and causing goose bumps to raise up on my arms. Her head was laid gently on my chest, her hand pressed lightly to my abdomen. I rubbed small circles on her shoulder with my thumb, smoothing over her soft, warm and delicate skin. She was perfect, beautiful. I knew that anyway. But with being able to see her and admire her grey blue eyes, and her chestnut nearly blonde hair - it was like being in her presence for the first time, all over again.

Her freckles on her cheeks, and her perfectly sculptured button nose. It was so overwhelming, how utterly perfect one single being could be, without any effort. I knew that I loved her with everything in me, and I hoped that she would only think the same.

However, I was incredibly lucky to gain a portion of my sight back, and although I was glad and so happy to have been blessed with the small sight I now had; the heavy weight on my shoulders would not disappear. In fact, it was only getting worse.

Just the thought of my eyesight completely disappearing again made my heart drop, in guilt and sadness. Guilt in that I would be letting Courts down... and although she says she would love me nonetheless, I don't think I would be able to cope with the heavy, engulfing guilt of never being able to give her what she deserves.

With my unoccupied hand, I brushed away a few weightless hands on hair that had fell over her eyelids, and entangled with her long, dark and slightly glossy eyelashes. I then gently swiped my thumb over her bottom lip, my thumb tingling as I pulled away.

My chest sparked as she moved her cheek slightly, indicating her awakening. I continued to gently stroke her delicate golden hair as she stirred, her fingers beginning to clasp my sides.

"Good Morning," I whispered, my voice hoarse due to not clearing my throat beforehand. 

There were a few more moments of silence before a near silent yawn sounded, and a barely existent "Mornin', J" left her pale pink lips. I glanced down at her as she lent upwards, so that we could see each other clearly. A small smile played at her lips, and her eyes glimmered in the bright morning light. The curtains were only slightly open, my the yellow stream of sunlight that beamed in made her already tanned skin seem to glow and appear even browner. 

"I love you" I murmured, my arms wrapped around her petite body, protecting her from any harm that would come her way. I lent upwards to press a light kiss to her lips before I settled back down into the pillow, pulling her closer towards me in greed. I wanted her closer, even closer than she already was. 

I nudged her neck with my nose, her warmth radiating onto my cheeks. I placed another light kiss to her throat, and then to her neck, feeling her steady, soothing pulse beneath my lips. 

"I love you too, J" Courts spoke, her hands placed on my cheeks, her thumbs swiping over the tender skin beneath my eyes. Then nothing.

Silence.

We gazed at each other for a while, finding reassurance of our love for one another in each others eyes. Her thumbs stilled their circle motion on my cheeks, and my hands stopped stroking her hair and soft shoulders. She seemed to be thinking for a moment, resting her head on my chest yet again, as if her thoughts were actually weighing her down. I noticed the small frown on her forehead, of which caused my eyebrows to crease too.

"J," Courts started, breaking the uncomfortable silence that had lingered between us the previous few minutes.

"Mmhm" I mumbled in confirmation that I was listening to whatever she had to say.

"Have you ever, you know, thought about-"

Her eyes flickered frantically between my chest, her hands, my eyes, and then back to my bare chest. "My gosh, what I mean is... Have you even given any thought towards the future? More specifically, children? I mean- Well, I'm not implying anything, I'm just curious, that's all. You don't have to answer if you don't want to, I totally understand!" She rambled, her cheeks flaming and her hands leaving my stunned face to link together on my chest, where she gazed at them like they were the most interesting things in the world.

 My lips parted and my eyes widened in shock of her sudden questioning. But at the same time, I knew exactly what to say. As I had thought about the future, my future. And I knew that all the hopes and aspirations I had of children, marriage and family, all evolved around Courtney; as without her by my side, I was simply nothing but a lost soul encased in a half-blind mans body.