Chapter Thirty Six

Justin's POV;

I awoke as I felt the car come to a stop, the rumbling of the engine replaced with ringing silence that almost made my ears pound. I lifted my head from the cold car window, my warm breath previously leaving a mark on the window due to condensation. My eyes blinked at the sudden source of light, the sun still far up in the sky. Warmth began to leave my body as the air cons switched off, their warm blast no longer there. 

"Justin, we're here" Courtney spoke, placing her small hand on my shoulder to shake me only slightly. I turned to her, letting her now I was now awake, and smiled warmly once my eyes met hers. Her hand was still placed comfortingly on my shoulder, and so I enveloped it in my own, tingles spreading up my arms and goosebumps rising. I pulled her soft, pale hand to my lips and placed a small, love-felt kiss to her palm before letting go.

Her eyes twinkled and I found myself mesmerized by how beautiful she was, and wondering how on earth I managed to be so lucky as to have her by my side. "I love you" I mumbled, licking my lips afterwards as if tasting those three, sweet and simple words. They may be simple, but the importance and value they held weighed down on my shoulders, knowing that I would never feel a love like this again, neither did I want to. The thought of leaving Courtney, or being without her, made my heart ache as it pulled at my heart strings.

"I love you too," her pink lips let out, catching my eye and I glanced down at them before returning to her eyes once more.

I lent in, over the middle piece of the car, and placed a warm kiss to her lips. My rather large hands cupped her cheeks and pulled her even closer towards me, my greed overpowering as I continued to kiss her.

Pulling away, I kept my hands to her cheeks, watching the pink show beneath them as she blushed, looking down at her lap. I let out a small chuckle before reluctantly completely letting go, and opening my car door.

Wanting to finally do something I shouldd've been able to do all them times - in which I failed to do so - I gestured to Courtney to stay in her seat, and then rushed over to her side of the car to open the door for her. An understanding and grateful smile graced her lips as she got out of the car, my hand placed on her back in support. She understood how even these small gestures meant the world to me now, as I was finally able to treat her the way she should be treated. I could now help and assist her, rather than leave her to do everything by herself. And a burning feeling overcame my chest with satisfaction and utter appreciation for this small portion of sight I was finally given.

_________________________________

Courtney's POV;

After packing my belongings into suitcases - I didn't have very much and so it didn't take too long - and placing Gingerbread into a small travel cage, we made our way back to the car. Justin helped me load the cases into the boot, a small smile falling to his lips at his achievements in helping me. 

My lips connected with his cheek in a small thanks, and I was guiltily glad that it left him blushing rather than me. 

Justin then sat back into the car once he was sure everything was loaded and nothing more was to be done, Justin insisted that he would be fine with Gingerbread's cage on his lap - despite me telling him just how heavy Gingerbread was - and it was funny to watch him poke his long fingers through the holes in the cage to gently stroke him. 

Thankfully, I managed to stop Justin from getting a glimpse at the presents, as they were already hidden in an unused suitcase, the presents wrapped in bubble wrap for precaution.

"Are you a hundred percent sure about this, Justin?" I spoke, my nerves getting the better of me, this would be my first time living with a loving family and I wanted to be sure that he was okay with me barging in like this - it was his idea in the first place, however.

He glanced upwards to me, nodding with a large, toothy grin on his face that I coudn't help but mirror. "I'm excited" he simply stated, his eyes bright and gazing into my own. "I'll get to see you everyday" he finished, biting his lip mindlessly and I forced myself to look anywhere but there.

"You saw me everyday before" I giggled, reaching up and running my hand through his soft locks, loving the feel of his hair running through my fingers. He seemed to love it too, his eyes closing and his shoulders relaxing from their tensed form, under my touch.

"I want to take you out tomorrow," he mumbled, his eyes finally opening again, "I'm not too sure where, because I'm not really familiarized with the surrounding area, but I want to spend the whole day with you" he whispered, looking shyly downwards in embarrassment before glancing back towards me nervously to see my reaction.

Another wide smile spread across my lips, my cheeks now begining to tingle from smiling so much, and I replied with, "Of course, I can think of nothing better, J" before we shared yet another sweet but short-lived kiss.