Chapter Seventeen

“Table for two?” a middle-aged woman asked as we entered the restaurant, her round glasses balanced on the bridge of her thin nose. We received a few glances from people at tables nearby, and staff as they rushed past us.

I looked up at Justin, who had said we were already booked in. “Yeah, we’re booked under ‘Bieber’” Justin spoke lowly, his eyes frantically searching the room, avoiding facing the direction of which I was standing. I smiled warmly at the lady, who typed something into the till and then grabbed two menus. She motioned for us both to follow her, before she began walking towards a table near a window, in a cut-off section of the restaurant. Her – extremely high – heels clicked loudly against the wooden floor; causing more and more heads to turn in our direction, curious.

“I’ll be over in a few minutes for your food orders, would you like any drinks?” She asked us both as she settled the menu’s down, glancing between us. Justin nodded over towards me, letting me order first.

“I’ll have a lemonade please” I smiled yet again of which she returned, her thin lips parting.

“And I’ll have a diet coke please” Justin ordered, fiddling with his thumbs under the table. I knew he was nervous, to tell the truth so was I. I’d presumed this is his first date, as he was so nervous when asking me. This wasn’t my first date; in fact I’d had many. But, as I told Justin, those guys were set-ups. All part of my sister’s sick plan to get me to ‘her standards’.

Shaking the various, irrelevant thoughts from my head, I glanced down at the menu. Of course with Justin being unable to see, I was going to have to tell him what was on the menu, not that I minded. “Jay, do you want me to read out the menu?” I glanced over to him, removing the odd strand of hair from my face.

Looking up, his eyes sparkled and a wide, toothy smile played on his lips. “Y-Yeah thanks” he spoke, shuffling slightly in his seat to sit up straighter.

I cleared my throat quietly before speaking, “I’ll do the pizza’s first” I said, finding the large section –almost all of the menu- where the Pizza’s were listed.

“Margarita, Mozzarella with tomatoes and rocket, Hawaiian, Cheese and Tomato-“

“Cheese and Tomato” Justin stated; his face hilarious as it showed total determination.

“You sure? You haven’t even heard the pasta’s yet” I chuckled, causing the corners of his pink lips to tug into a wide grin. Tucking a strand of stray hair from my face once again, I tucked it behind my ear before scanning the menu for myself.

I’d decided on a Greek Salad; I wasn’t exactly feeling like stuffing myself to the brim today. Although normally I would have. I caught to eye of the waitress looking over towards us, probably wondering why on earth I was reading out the menu to Justin rather than he have a look for himself. She’ll find out sooner or later that I was reading out the menu because he can’t look for himself.

Justin held his hand out to me, his arm resting flat on the table. I linked my hand with his, our fingers instantly entwining together. And yet again, the tingles appeared. I shivered for a second, as goose bumps rose on my arms. It was like an illness, of which I would never want there to be a cure of.

But I couldn’t help but wonder whether Justin felt it to, the tingles.

“Did you feel that?” I whispered over to Justin, not thinking before I spoke.

 He rubbed the pad of his thumb over my knuckles, “the tingles?” he questioned, raising one eyebrow.

Nodding, I bit my bottom lips. “Yeah” I confirmed.