Chapter Eighteen

At that very moment, my whole world stopped.

My lost eyes found his sparkling honey coloured orbs, as we both slowly began to lean in. His warm, minty breath hit my lips, and mixed with my own. Everything around us stopped, letting me drown in the silence. Justin’s eyelids fluttered closed, the ends of his long eyelashes brushed over the top of his pink cheeks. I followed suit, although desperately wanting to gaze into those dark orbs of his yet again.

I was unaware of the things going on around me, my mind concentrated on his lips. And then, as soon as his lips lightly brushed against mine, an unexpected wave of electricity shot through me. His lips were soft and delicate, gently pressed to mine as we slowly started to move together.

He still managed to taste minty, even after eating pizza; only the odd trace of salt left behind.

Justin cupped my cheeks with his hands, my cheeks growing even redder than before. This was the kind of effect he had on me. His thumb rotated in circles over my left cheek, sending me into a frenzy.

Deciding to end it there, we both reluctantly pulled away. His minty taste still lingered on my numb lips, and the amazing feeling of his lips against mine replayed in my hazed mind. We both came back to reality as couples walked past the window, the moon reflecting off car bonnets as they drove past. Plates clanked together in the kitchen, and families and friends crowded at tables, around the corner of ours, joked together. Yet through all the commotion going on around us, our eyes stayed locked.

I’d completely forgotten that Justin was in fact blind, and couldn’t really see me. Yet his aim was perfect, as his eyes stared straight into mine.

Butterflies fluttered uncontrollably in my stomach, and I honestly felt like I was floating, as if the ground beneath me had suddenly given way. Justin bit into his bottom lip, his nerves showing through. I took his soft had in my own, mentally giving him a small boost of confidence as he released his plump lip from his teeth’s hold, and smiled.

His pearly whites were quickly made visible as his lips parted, his cheeks rising as he did so.

I knew that the kiss could have continued, and trust me I wanted it to; but for our first kiss, I thought it best for it to end where it did. Nevertheless, for me the kiss was satisfying, and certainly gave me a whole new aspect on Justin. As he was the one that lent in, meaning he wanted to kiss me. And just the thought have me shivers – in a good way.

Just knowing that I was actually wanted by someone, to me, was a huge surprise. And a relief – I guess. And after living the whole of my life so far feeling like a burden on my family, just knowing that somebody actually cared about me gave me an unimaginable amount of tingles.

It seemed as if everything to do with Justin, manages to give me tingles. Not that I’m complaining though, it was a good feeling- a feeling I would never want to ware off.

************************

“Thank you for tonight” I spoke as Justin laced our fingers together. After at least ten minutes of playful arguing about who was going to pay – I always felt bad when Justin paid – we finally managed to step out the warm restaurant; with $42 less on Justin’s part.

Justin simply smiled down to me, pressing his lips lightly to mine in a quick, sweet kiss. “No Courts, thank you” he chuckled.

The streets were awfully quiet, compared to how they were when we entered the restaurant – they were quiet then.

I led Justin across the street and over to the other side, where we started to walk along the pavement. Everything was deadly quiet, apart from the clicking of my heels against the pavement echoing, bouncing off the walls of pavements nearby. Our hands swayed from side to side, our fingers entwined as tightly packed as possible.

I looked up to Justin and smiled, finding the way he bit his lip to prevent himself from grinning; cute. His head was bowed, as he tried to stop me from seeing his cheeks as they turned a deeper shade of pink; not gonna happen.

I smiled to Henry as he opened the door for us, letting me and Justin walk into the brightly lit lobby. Our synchronised steps echoed throughout the lobby as we headed towards the elevator. I really couldn’t be bothered to tackle a flight of stairs.

The doors to the elevator dinged, and we both stepped in, our fingers still entwined as I pressed the button for our floor.

Out of habit I leaned up onto my tippy toes, allowing myself to be just a little taller; and pressed my lips gently onto Justin’s right cheek. The corners of his lips tugged upwards into a wide smile, as he turned his head to where I stood.

I jumped as the elevator doors dinged once again, presenting us with a hallway and two plain white doors; mine and Pattie’s rooms. I led Justin out to the middle of the hallway, having to say goodbye.

“Thank you for tonight, it was really special.” I thanked him yet again; smiling up to him, the small dimples in my cheek showing slightly. Justin beamed down at me, que the butterflies.

“It was, wasn’t it?” he grinned, a light chuckle escaping his perfectly plump, pink lips. My arms automatically wrapped loosely around his neck as his arms wrapped around my waist pulling me closer. I snuggled into his chest, inhaling his scent before reluctantly exhaling. Justin leant down, nudging his cold nose into the nape of my neck, causing currents of shivers to take over me.

“Sleep with me” Justin mumbled, although it took a while for me to collect my jumbled thoughts together. Where was all this confidence coming from? I knew he didn’t mean it in a sexual way or anything, he was way too innocent, but this was nothing like the shy Justin.

I didn’t answer, my eyebrows furrowed as he let go of me; his arms falling limp at his sides. “I-I-I didn’t mean it like that! Oh-God-Uhm, I like you and everything but- Just never mind” he stuttered, the shy Justin appearing once again.

He backed away from me, his hand reaching up to scratch the back of his neck awkwardly. My mouth gaped open, and I stood there frozen; unable to verbally speak. Justin turned; fumbling in his jeans pockets for what I’m guessing was his keys. Once he found them, he inserted the right key into the keyhole.

And then something in me snapped, as I walked towards him. I reached for his wrist, stopping him from opening the door. “You sure Pattie wouldn’t mind?” I whispered, careful in case she could hear us on the other side of the door.

And then, yet again, that unidentifiable glisten appeared in the depths of his honey coloured orbs. And a cute smile spread across his face.