Chapter 26

Alex's POV 

"Axel? What are you doing here?" I say confused. How did he know that I was going to be home? I didn't tell anyone. 

"I came to see if you went to school. I knocked on the door and no one opened and according to your timetable, you would be home in an hour so I decided to sit on the doorstep and wait. It is a nice day so I didn't mind. How was your day?" He asks me. 

"Awful," I say with a sigh. 

"Do you want to talk about it?" Axel asks quietly. I shake my head and he nods understandingly. 

"Come in. I'll make some lunch." I open the door and lead him in. 

In some way, I was glad Axel came because if I was home alone I would've done something stupid. 

"What do you want?" I ask and turn around to see the Axel is standing right behind me. I look up and I am in the same trance I was on Friday. His eyes were captivating. I notice the position and blush runs to my cheeks and I step back. I look at the ground and feel embarrassed. Urgh. 

"Does pizza sound good?" He asks and tries to change the subject. 

"Homemade?" I ask and lookup. There was a light blush coated on his cheeks too. 

"Yeah." He says with a small smile. 

I chuckle but nod my head, "Let's do it."

***

The kitchen was a mess. We failed at making pizza. It was more like an irregular circle with cheese slapped on. The 'pizza' was in the oven and I sighed in relief. That was fun but required so much effort. 

Axel was washing his hands and his back was towards me. I grab the flour bag and tiptoe quietly towards him. I take the bag and pour it over his head. He freezes and turns around. His hair was filled with flour and there was some on his face. He looked at me, the bag of flour then touched his hair. He didn't utter a word and it was scary. 

"Oh, you called on war." He says with a grin and charges at me.

"Ahh," I scream and drop the bag and start running. I went around the island and stuck my tongue out at him. 

Suddenly he runs around and I start running the other way but because of the mess we made I slip and brace myself to fall. But I don't hit the ground. Axel has his arm around me and pulls me up so my back is pressed against his abs. They were rock hard. 

"Gotcha." He whispers in my ear and pours flour on to my hair. I turn around and look at him in disbelief but started laughing. We looked like a mess. 

We were still standing pretty close but neither of us moved. We just carried on laughing and looking at the mess we made of each other. I look up and see him just staring at me. 

"What?" I ask and touch my face unconsciously. 

He shakes his head and says, "Beautiful." 

He starts to lean in slowly to see if I would push away but I don't. I know that he is going to kiss me but I don't move. His lips are just centimetres away when I hear my mum.

"What on earth happened here?" She screeches. 

We pull away but it was too late since she already saw our position.

"We made pizza," I say with a shrug. My eyes widen in realisation. "Our pizza!" I look at Axel and we run to the oven. We take it out and it was okay. Just made. Phew! I thought I had to stay hungry.

"We will clean this up, Mrs Winter. I was to blame." Axel takes the blame for me. 

"Call me Suzie and both of you clean this up. But have your pizza first." She says with a smile and walks off. I grab the pizza and two plates. I cut the pizza in a couple of slices and grab one.