Chapter 17

Alex's POV

I wake up with a heavyweight on me. I don't want to open my eyes because the bed is so comfy. I feel my pillow snuggle closer to me.

Wait. What?

I open my eyes and see a familiar room and the memories of last night came in. I slowly turn around and see Dyl sleeping. His face is so close to mine that if I lean in a bit, our lips would touch.

I look at his face and it looks worry-free. He looks so peaceful like this. His forehead has no creases and makes him look relaxed. His long eyelashes made a shadow on his cheeks.

His plump lips looked so inviting and soft. I get my finger and start tracing his sharp jawline. I keep doodling with my finger on his face when suddenly he speaks.

"Cupcake it's not nice to stare." He opens his eyes and I blush knowing he caught me. God his morning voice is such a turn on.

"Good morning Dyl," I whisper.

"This isn't a good morning." He says and I look confused. He leans and gives me a sweet kiss.

"Now it's a good morning." He says with a goofy grin.

I blush at him and then look at him horrified. "Morning breathe!" I yell and move away.

He grabs my waist and pulls me back. "I don't care." And he kisses me again. This time I kiss him back.

I pull away and look at him. "Thank you for last night. I couldn't stay in the house with Nick. I didn't trust myself to be by myself." I say looking ashamed.

"I'm glad you called me Cupcake. I wouldn't have it any other way. Knowing you were next to me all night, made me feel happy. I could definitely get used to waking up next to you. Just know Cupcake, my doors are always open for you. Whenever you need a place to stay, I will welcome you with open arms." He places a kiss on my forehead.

"As much as I would love to lie in all day, we have a lesson to catch." He rolls out.

I groan in response, not wanting to leave the bed. Suddenly I am lifted bridal style and I let out a shocked laugh at Dyl. "Baby, I know you would probably go back to sleep if I left. So to avoid that problem, we will shower together. You know, save time and water together." I look at him mortified.

I try to say something but nothing comes out. My mouth opens and closes like a fish.

Suddenly he starts laughing, "Your face!" He wheezes out between laughs. I blush at him. I slap him as a joke on his arm. After sobering up he says, "Got you back." He winks at me.

I look confused for a second then the memories of the first time I came here and pranked him come back to me. I look at him with a small smile and say, "Oh you just called on war."

He places me down and kisses my forehead. "Have a shower love. I'll see you in the kitchen." With that, he leaves.

I enter his bathroom and see it's exactly the same as last time. The memories of the last time I was here come back and I feel my eyes prick with tears.

All this time, I hadn't thought about what Jake did at the party and what Shanaya did at school. Heck, I hardly saw Shanaya in school anymore.

I find an extra brush in the cupboard and start brushing. Quickly, I have a shower and dry myself. I look for my clothes when I remember that they are in Dyl's room. I mentally facepalm myself and wrap the towel around myself.

The towel was really short and just about covered everything. I open the door and see no one there. I walk to the bag and start taking my clothes out when the door opens and startles me. "Yo Dyl. I've got some.." I see Adam standing there at the door.