Chapter 12

Alex's POV

After phone call

I'm sitting on my bed looking like a tomato. I can't believe Dylan just said that.

He said he wanted to listen to my voice.

He said I was beautiful.

HE SAID I WAS BEAUTIFUL!

I grin to myself thinking of what he said before he cut the call. God, what is happening?

The grin disappears after I recall what Dylan said about the Instagram post. I quickly bought up Shanaya's page and click the most recent post.

It was a photoshopped picture of me in red lingerie and caked faced with makeup. It made me look like a prostitute.

I read the message and I recognise that the message is the same as to the one on my locker.

Tears start to appear in my eyes.

Did she believe an Instagram post over her best friend?

Was she ever my friend?

Too many thoughts were running through my head. I shake my head a try to get rid of these thoughts.

I grab my phone and plug it into my speaker. I play Hips Don't Lie by Shakira. Yes, it's an old song but this is Shakira we are talking about. Her songs are the bomb.

I start moving my hips to the beat and get lost in the music. After many songs, I realise that it is 10:24. I turn my music off and decide to sleep. My last thought is a person clouding my mind: Dylan Knight.

Next morning

I wake up at my alarm blasting in my ear. Ugh. Can I just sleep in? I'm about to drift off again when I suddenly remember that Dylan is picking me up this morning.

I jump up and quickly go to my en-suite. I start to have a quick shower and brush my teeth. I grab a cream top with denim jeans.

Simple yet sophisticated.

I go downstairs and have breakfast with my dad. He is the only one home at the moment. Well, Nick is here but that lazy ass is sleeping.

After having a comfortable breakfast with dad, I go upstairs to grab my books and bag. I look in the mirror and see that my outfit is missing something. I go through my jewellery box and find a swan necklace and clip it on. 

I spray some of my Ted Baker perfume and see my phone light up, indicating I have a message.

It's from Dylan. My heart skips a beat and I roll my eyes at my immature behaviour. The message says he's outside. I quickly grab my stuff and go downstairs. I peck my dad goodbye on the cheek and walk out.

I see Dylan leaning against his car. He was wearing a grey shirt and black chinos. Damn, he looked hot. I shamelessly checked him out.

His hair was messily organised. I wanted to run my hand through it. It looked so soft.

I slowly walk up to him and he opens his arms, inviting me for a hug. I happily walk in and give him a short but affectionate hug. He smelled good.