Chapter 36 - Teething?

A/N: I'm so sorry I haven't updated in forever guys. I promise I'll update as much as I possibly can in the near future. Picure on the side is of Aria at this point in the story.

I love you all <3

Legacy's POV

It had been two weeks and Aria already had teething pains.

"Shhh baby girl. Everything's alright." I cooed, cradeling her in my arms as she cried.

I put my finger to her lips and she made a noise similar to a giggle and stopped crying, which made me smile.

"There." I whispered. "Now... Sleep baby."

I put my hand over her forehead and said a spell, and she fell into a peaceful sleep.

I went upstairs and went to our bedroom, where CC was talking to someone on the phone.

"Yeah. I know." He spoke calmly, just as he saw us.

He saw Aria in my arms and I put my finger to my lips, earning a nod from him in return.

I put Aria gently in her cot and covered her with a silk blanket made by my mother before she died.

I smiled and stroked her soft cheek with the back of my fingers.

"I love you, my Sakura." I whispered. Refering to her as the Japanese name meaning cherry blossom.

She stirred for a couple of seconds and, when I knew she wouldn't wake, I left the room, shutting the door softly behind me.

I went back downstairs just as CC got off the phone. I sat next to him on the couch and sighed.

"Asleep?" He asked.

"Out like a light." I mumbled.

He chuckled and pulled me under his arm, making me instinctivley curl into him and close my eyes.

"I love you." He whispered.

"I love you too." I replied, softly and fell into a light sleep.

~~~~

I woke up to the sounds of Aria crying upstairs.

I got off CC who was lightly snoring and chuckled to myself as he stirred a little.

I flew upstairs to avoid the creeks in the floorboards and landed outside the bedroom.

I swiftly went over to the cot and picked my daughter up, cradelling her in my arms.

"Heya baby." I whispered. "How did you sleep?" 

She yawned just then, making me chuckle.

I patted her butt as she seemed to like that and took her downstairs.

"Everything ok?" CC's voice came.

I looked up and saw him sat on the couch, looking as sleepy as ever, watching us.

"Yeah, everything's fine. She's just having some rough patches." I replied, before cooing at my daughter.

The perfect moment really...