Chapter 8

Kakashi’s visible eye widened, panic nearly setting in, “You…you spoke with Taryn?” He hoped nothing bad had happened.

Hisayo nodded as she sat back down and got comfortable. “She says ‘hello’ by the way.”

Kakashi had to take a moment to digest the fact that Hisayo was sitting so calmly after having run into Taryn and speaking with her no less. He inwardly wondered if someone was playing a trick on him. He made a subtle gesture with his hand to his headband, as if adjusting it, to peek out with his sharingan to help him detect any genjutsu or clone. ‘Nope, it’s her aright.’

He sighed as he calm down somewhat—only slight mind you.

“So, you two are…okay?” he dared to ask, hoping not to get his head bitten off or even spark the flames which Akio was insistent of him not to do.

Hisayo snorted, “We aren’t children, Kakashi.”

‘Right, had everyone completely convinced before.’ Kakashi cleared his throat.

“We both have other things to worry about. You don’t fit that agenda.”

He wasn’t sure if he should have felt hurt by that comment or not. He didn’t complain or even dare to mention anything out loud. At least the two hadn’t started up a fight for once. It must have still been a very awkward and nerve wracking meeting though.

“You mean your students?”

Hisayo nodded, resisting a frown.

“There is plenty to worry over for them then, isn’t there? Her students taking the exams for the first time and your proctoring for the first time. It’s rare for both sides to be hurt, but it does occasionally happen.”

“Just like we nearly saw when Akira and the others had to intervene earlier.”

Kakashi sighed, “I’m happy you’re trying. Her too. I’ve been a nervous mess with all the stress of you two.”

“Excuse me?”

Kakashi gulped, looking at the woman and her narrowing glare. “Wait, that came out wrong.”

“I’m sure it did.”

“Hisayo, I swear.” The look of anger was still present over Hisayo’s features. “Ehehehe…I’m in trouble, huh?”

“Damn right, Hatake.”

  Taryn sighed as she positioned herself at the railing again. The next round would start soon and the matches would be decided in a few minutes. ‘That girl from Mist, the psycho from Caves and Hanabi and her teammate.’ The next round was going to be tough.