Chapter 7

A/N: Please don't forget to ignore the messed up formatting. Wattpad still does this to us T.T Please fix this Wattpad!

No way—she didn’t!” Suzume exclaimed, leaping to a greater attention. “Hiro!”

Akira gritted his teeth. “She had meant to land a lethal blow, hadn’t she?!”

“Guys, calm down.”

“How can you tell us to calm down?!” Akira exclaimed to Ken, “You saw how hard she landed her attack!”

“He isn’t getting up.” Suzume’s lips trembled slightly.

Ken rolled his eyes, “You idiots; don’t freak out and forget that I can check on him.”

Suzume gasped, turning to Ken. “That’s right! Ken, hurry and check on him!”

“Gyah, calm down!” Ken grabbed at his ears, “And I already have.”

“And?” Akira was growing impatient.

The smirk on Ken’s face was all the two needed.

Hiro hit the ground hard and stayed motionless. Gasps ran through the crowd at the impact of the blow. Everyone was certain that was the end of the boy. It was widely known how dangerous a hit from a Hyuuga could be. Several seconds passed without anything happening, but then another round of gasps was exchanged as the boy’s body transformed into a pool of water.

“Amazing!” Akio couldn’t hide his excitement, as he grinned, “He timed it down to the very last moment.”

“It was still a close call.” Hisayo said. “The question now…”

“Is where he’ll choose to attack from next and when.” Kakashi finished, before stealing a glance to Taryn. She was letting out a sigh but a smirk was present on her lips as she continued to watch carefully.

Gaara let out a sigh he didn’t know he had been holding. Next to him, Tsunade leaned over. “That’s a tough pair of students your sister has under her wings.”

“I knew I was doing the right thing teaming them up,” Gaara said, more to himself than in answer of Tsunade’s comment.

Behind his chair, Kankuro smirked. “Heh. Those brats sure know how to fight.”

“They sure changed from the mischievous Academy students they used to be,” Temari said, “I don’t know what she did to them, but it worked.”

Kankuro chuckled. “It sure did.”

Gaara leaned forward to get a better look of the battlefield. “He’s not there yet,” he said, “the Hyuuga clan is a force to be reckoned with. That boy may have an advantage, but Taryn is only half Hyuuga. And that girl is very skilled for her age.” He narrowed his eyes in concentration, trying to figure out what the girl’s next move would be and trying to locate Hiro.

Hanabi’s lavender eyes widened as soon as the body had liquefied. ‘What?! But…when did he exhibit any change in his chakra? I would have seen it if he had!’ She stood up, moving her head slightly, constantly to keep her blind spot from being stationary for too long as she worked to locate the boy.

“That was close,” Kuro gasped.

Daro nodded. He had a tired expression on his face. He knew he needed to rest, but he wanted to see Hiro’s battle first. “He and sensei trained a long time to get his timing right. It was still a risk. I can’t believe Hanabi would actually go in for the kill.”

Kuro nodded concerned. “It’s something to keep in mind. She stops at nothing to win.”

The two of them watched carefully as Hiro’s body turned to water. “Anytime now,” Daro said tense.