Epilogue

A/N: We've come a long way and the_hooded_girl and I are so proud! It does make us feel sad to see this collaboration come to an end, BUT! Stay tuned for the end of this Epilogue for an awesome treat! Bwahahahaah!! We love all our readers and thank you very much for all the support you have given to the two of us! :D Now without further adieu!

Epilogue:

It finally looked like the village would see to some well-deserved peace and quiet. Hosting a successful Chunin Exam—and dealing with a ‘Desert Storm’ and pack of wolves afterwards—had really taken it out of Konoha. A certain wolf man didn’t appear so tired. In fact, one could mistake him as very oblivious and care free. He was sitting outside a quiet tea shop that also served sweets. Beside him, of her own free will for once—and not torn to shreds by puppy dog theatrics—was Kinu. She didn’t appear quite as relaxed as her companion. She was in the same state as the rest of the village—utterly exhausted.

Akio chuckled from next to her. “Don’t look so down. The day is far too nice to be in such a mood, don’t you think?” He took another sip of his tea.

Kinu’s cheeks puffed out slightly as she tried to swallow in slight embarrassment. “I beg your pardon, Akio, but if you recall yesterday’s events—plus the past couple of months,” She added under her breath, “it has been very tiring! Sure I wasn’t around during the exams, but I was reduced to a pack mule, then dragged into the middle of your affairs. You owe me by the way.”

Akio frowned. “What? But we’re already here enjoying a nice treat, aren’t we?”

“Hmph!” Kinu had set down her drink and crossed her arms “I may be a pushover at times, but I am putting my foot down on this one. What I was forced to endure is going to take more than tea and dango.”

“Dinner then?”

“For the rest of the week.”

Akio sighed. “Why am I not surprised. Hisayo said something similar, though it was more to the effect of no jokes or teasing for the rest of the week.”

“Akio!”

Kinu’s brow quirked up and a wry smirk appeared on her face as she saw the Hokage making her way to them, calling out Akio’s ‘surname’ now.

“Nakamura!”

“Looks like we aren’t the only women with a bone to pick with you.”

Akio had paled; looking for a way of escape. “Er, here’s the money for the bill.” The coins were still ringing on the surface of the bench as Akio fled the scene. “I’ll meet you later for dinner then!”

Kinu giggled as Tsunade ran past, issuing threats and demanding Akio stop running like a whipped dog. She flinched back when the Fifth paused and turned her attention to her next. “Don’t think you are scot free.” She threatened. “You’re next as soon as I tether that wild wolf to a metal post.”

Thank goodness Kinu was finished with her late morning snack. Tsunade’s eye twitched as she saw the woman disappear in a sudden cloud of heavy smoke.

*****

“Can I have another doughnut?”  Hiro whined after Kuro who was in custody of the bag of goods.

“You already ate half of them,” Kuro pointed out, “and we’ve only been traveling for half a  day.”

“But I didn’t get any breakfast.”