Chapter 2

A/N: We would like to apologize for the weird spacing...Wattpad ruins our format T.T

--------------- 

Hiro’s eyes grew wide when he saw all the participants in the room. “So many are going to enter?”

“Well that was kinda the point,” Daro commented, “didn’t Taryn-sensei tell us there would be a lot of Genin? That’s the purpose of the whole Chuunin Exams.” But he too eyed the room nervously.

“Guys…”  Kuro said, “it looks like a written test or something.” He pointed at the desks that were lined up in rows of five and frowned.

“A what?!” Hiro shouted.

One of the other participants, a Genin from Rain, rubbed his ear. “Geez kid. Tone it down will you? If you’re not up for it, then why bother to come in the first place?”

Hiro narrowed his eyes, but Daro placed a hand on his arm. “Not now,” he said.

“But I don’t like written tests,” Hiro whined.

Kuro sighed. “You’ll do fine.”

Daro eyed the desks confused. “I don’t know what all the fuss was about if it’s just going to be a written test. How would people die from that?” He glanced at Hiro who was trying not to cry. ‘Then again… some just might.’ “She was just messing with us, right?” He looked at Kuro who shrugged and looked just as confused.

“Hey, isn’t that Hanabi-chan?” Daro suddenly said. And indeed the young Hyuuga prodigy walked into the room with her two teammates.

“You did know she was going to be in the exams, right?”  Kuro said, “that’s about the only thing sensei did tell us.”

“Eh, right,”  Daro scratched his head, “sorry. I’m just nervous.”

A small giggle drew Akira and Ken to attention, and they both glanced down at their teammate. "What's so funny." Akira asked, the boredom in his voice evident.

Suzume gave a tiny point forward, “they're here.”

"Hm?" Ken followed her finger as did Akira, "Oh, yeah," Ken muttered, "your three little crushes." "They are not!" The entire room went silent, and Suzume slowly turned her beat red face to the gathered crowd. They were all staring at her—some with curious expressions, others very annoyed, and some were a bit nervous. "Ehehe," she scratched at the back of her head with a small smile and closed eyes, "don't mind me."

Ken rolled his eyes, "Then why do you pay so much attention to them? They aren't even friends...like me." he huffed under his breath.

Akira smirked, "Ooo, someone's jealous." he teased.

 "Am not. Why would I be jealous? Suzume is the last person I'd be jealous over." A chill ran down his spine, and he slowly turned his head nervously to face the angered red-head,

 "Ken..." she growled.

"Ah, w-wait, Suzume," Ken held up his hands in surrender, "I didn't mean it like that. I meant—Gyah!" Ken was doubled over in his seat, with both hands over the back of his head, a nice red bump forming. Suzume crossed her arms and turned away with a 'hmph',

"Jerk," she muttered under her breath.

Akira snickered quietly to himself, not wishing to be the next person beaten over the head.