waves ❁ d.s

liked by corbynbesson and 234, 682 othersseaveydaniel I can't believe Zach stood up and also I had the best seafood I've ever had 🤪🏄🏻‍♂️🐟

seaveydaniel I can't believe Zach stood up and also I had the best seafood I've ever had 🤪🏄🏻‍♂️🐟

*****

paddling out over the collapsing waves I felt my hair slick back out of my hair as I resurfaced keeping myself attached to my old board. the rush in my body powered me forward to excel over the next one, the white foam hitting my chest. my wetsuit cling to my body as my arms bared the cold water, the sun belting down. glancing behind I checked my leg rope wasn't wrapped around the wrong way before I sat up watching into the outer distance.

*****

"okay boys now has anyone here surfed?" they all raised their hands confidently as Zach sulked keeping his pinned to his side as the hire man began handing out boards to each of them. Lastly passing Zach a beginner board even to his dismay as the others cracked up sending a thank you, walking away to the boardwalk that lined the Trestles beach. The weather was perfect and the waves were plenty and all good sizes. Jonah, Corbyn and Zach all stepped down the sandy steps, touching the hot sand as they all threw their wetsuits over their shoulders.

Daniel stood looking out waiting for the youngest who was muttering to himself as he tried to carry the board in his hands. The older one sighed remembering his family and the many surf trips they had done, loving the salt air streaming past his face. The sound was so soothing to him and the feeling of the waxed board comforting his homesickness. Watching the horizontal sea line his eyes fell upon a single girl who watched for waves in the distance.

"okay, let's go" Zach said heavily breathing as he slowly made his way where the others had, Daniel trying to hold back a laugh behind him. They reached the bottom stepping out and trying to meet up with the others who were pulling their wetsuits onto their bodies.

"do you want a quick guide or..?"

"nah I'm Zach I've got this" Zach said confidently chucking his board done and heaving as he began to peel his shirt off. Daniel doing the same watched as the three ran into the turf but once again his eyes caught the girl who turned with speed before paddling with strength in front of a wave. pushing herself up onto the board and soaring along, he felt impressed by her skills and concentration as she dove into the water.

*****

feeling the water trickle off my head I smiled at the successful ride, pulling my board back to my floating frame. My throat hardly burned any longer by the salt in the water and my eyelashes had small droplets along them as I began paddling back to where I had just been. The water was a deep aqua and extremely clear in the little coast that I loved so dearly. I knew my father would be waiting for me in about 3 hours time to bring him a fresh patch of seafood for our weekly pasta but relaxing I sat back up on my board. Surfing now felt like a second language to me and the words that my body followed, talked of ocean and the water surrounding me. I could hear the cries of seagulls and a couple of boys so trying to keep my distance I moved towards the left turning to watch the racket.