my life next door ❁ c.b

liked by jonahmarais and 7,898 otherscorbynbesson i can see u, can u see me?

corbynbesson i can see u, can u see me?

*****

I sat upon my roof the noise blaring still from their garage. The skateboards and bikes skattered on the lawn and the pool toys still floating in the cold water which I honestly wanted to dive into so badly. Their home looked like a family home. A home that mine could never match. There was only 2 of them and their parents but they were always happy and never alone. I had watched them day in and day out since the moving trucks had pulled up, I had watched their routines and still haven't come to the conclusion on how my mother despises this. Yes their front lawn may not be exactly "tidy" or they may leave their sports equipment in the driveway but they had something I didn't. A proper family and I would forever be jealous of that.

Mum's stuck up nose was always in my stuff, my room has looked the same since I was two. Plain bare walls, light coloured bedsheets, a small desk and a big mirror. My clothes are hidden behind the door and my uniform for the diner which I had been working at for most of summer discretely hidden under the bed. I came to the roof in the times away from her and to be more by myself which was nearly not even possible. I had studied them over and over again fascinated with their smooth but clumsy movements and light hair with tall limbs. They were impeccable in looks and the more I stared at them the more I was jealous.

The girl, a little younger then me but had better everything then me. Her hair was like silk gold, long and luscious and her eyebrows and lashes looked thick in a distance. She was slim and worked out multiple times in the week outside on an old yoga mat.

The parents, were loving and caring making sure they both had a kiss before school and made sure they all sat down for dinner together. She was gorgeous and from the looks he'd give her they were in love without a doubt, never leaving each other's side or family.

And the boy, around my age was the most handsome human I had seen with blonde touched short hair, long but strong arms. He was strange. He'd pick up a guitar late at night strumming the chords but it was like he was talking to himself or someone on FaceTime. He was so different to his upbeat family keeping the calm locked in his hands. I wondered what it would be like to be serenaded by a voice I had never heard and a beautiful guitar. A girl can dream.

It had just ticked over 8pm, my mother laughing obnoxiously in the living room, downstairs with her new prick of a girlfriend. My sister had gone away from the summer and I didn't mind, we weren't close and I feel as if we weren't family she'd completely ignore me. The family had just finished dinner looking like a casserole, while I was trying to not convince myself I was a stalker tucked in a warm blanket that was my fathers which I had found in the bottom of my mother's basement. I loved it but hid it from her and pulled it out to sit out and watch them and the stars at the chilly night. I stared back into their open larger windows. The parents would pick up the dishes and clear the table of mess as the other would start rinsing each plate before placing it in a dodgy looking dishwasher. The girl would sprint up the stairs and appear in her room, flopping onto her hot pink covers and start talking to people on social media or sometimes calling maybe someone special. The boy would be right behind her and get to his room either getting into the shower or pulling the guitar out sitting there till I left plucking and playing away his eyes in the music sometimes closed... but as she fell onto her fiery bed, he didn't walk into his room like he would. My eyes scanned each window in view which was majority of them but none of them had the boy standing in there. Where did he go?

"Hello." My foot slide in shock my body tumbling slightly my heart racing. A strong hand grasped onto my wrist making me come to a screeching halt thanking the lord that I didn't fall off the roof. My eyes widen as I looked up into the most beautiful pale baby blue eyes that had thick dark eyelashes surrounding them on his face which was so angular and clear skinned.

"I'm so sorry, I didn't mean to scare, need some help?" He said in a deep voice putting his other hand out gesturing to pull me back up to my original place. I touched him with my fingertips, a sensation sparking my hand as I placed it fully in his surprisingly soft hand.

"You are so quiet... well I've never you seen you talk, I've just seen you stare at us well our house, I don't know. Curiosity got the better of me" he chuckled sitting down next to me rather close, words not forming as he sighed gently. He had seen me.

"You've seen me st-t-tare?"

"Most nights." I shake slightly feeling weird knowing I was caught.

"you seem lonely, family?" he laughed slightly his laugh so perfect in the silent air. I stared into his eyes which were cast away and opened my mouth words flowing out like we had been friends for millions of years. He nodded understanding each word coming out of my throat, about wanting to murder mum's new boyfriend and wishing for a sister like Ashley he said her name was which I found stunning on her. He had said his name was Corbyn Besson and I smiled so brightly at his perfectly fitting name and satisfaction at the thought of now knowing what to call his family. He also said he didn't mind me staring because he knew what it felt to be with no one and this town had been the best part of his life because of his relationships. I could hear my mother slowing dying of on talking and laughter meaning it was late and Ashley's and the kitchen's light was off. He turned to me but I stared ahead sad that it was ending.

"Well... um.."

"Y/n."

"I have to go." He said placing a gently peck on my cheek before standing up swiftly on the tin of the roof and jumping down onto the tree branches climbing all the way down before leaping over the fence with ease. But I had hardly noticed anything as my cheeks were bright red, I had never met a guy like that one.

_______________
⭐️

A/n: another one inspired by something a little different! I have a reading list if anyone is interested in some lovely wdw fanfiction.

Today's piece is inspired by My Life Next Door (J.A) by tbhpau