not her ❁ j.m

liked by jackaverymusic and 298, 438 othersjonahmarais I can love you the way you need to be

jonahmarais I can love you the way you need to be

*****

September

I walked into the cafeteria nearly shaking, it was a zoo in here and I swear one day I'll be the lions lunch. I look around the room searching for a her face and spot it at the circle table closest to the garden, our old favourite spot. She looks up and smiles, waving at me as I begin my journey past the monkeys- I mean jocks and the wombats- I mean the popular girls, towards her happy vibe.

"(y/n) it's been 4 hours since I've seen you!" I chuckle sliding next to her pulling my soggy sandwich that I disgustingly began to eat while she continued reading her science notes and eating her fresh salad from the lunch ladies. Everyone loved her, she was flawless and the kindest person I love. The guys swooned over her, the popular girls wanted to be her, the lunch ladies gave her discounts, she was really the whole package. I however, I was pretty, I did love myself but I never had love, never had I been the one above her and even thought I wanted to be with her all the time sometimes my heart chipped a little when someone says hello, looks at me and ignores my presence.

"(y/bf/n)! um... (y/n)..?" I look up from my daze, if it isn't Jack Avery himself, always here to flirt with (y/bf/n) but never makes a move. As I move my glare from Jack I notice the guy standing behind Jack and my eyes widened, he was definitely someone nice to look at with brown hair, tall figure, broad shoulders and muscles under his grey shirt.

"Hey Jack!" (y/bf/n) said cheerfully breaking my stare, making me watch as the noodle head sat down and the tall guy sit down next to him.

"This is Jonah, he's new here." He lifted his hand in a half wave, half salute as (y/bf/n) slightly bumped me in the leg, calling me out for my staring, already knowing I was attracted to him physically.

"Hi, I'm (y/bf/n) it's nice to meet you."

"Um, I'm (y/n) nice to meet you too." I said finally making eye contact with him while thinking not to drool over his appearance.

"Where are you from?"

"Stillwater, Minnesota" I nearly choked on my food, his voice was deep and ugh wow no, we don't get connected to a guy this quickly. Stop it.

"Oh wow (y/n) has cousins from there" his eyes snap back to me from (y/bf/n)

"Uh yeah, I can show you a photo if you like" he nods causing (y/bf/n) and Jack to break off in conversation as I pull my phone out, finding the most recent picture of my younger cousin, Kate. (Made up ;) ) Clicking on her profile I show him a picture of her and a bunch of friends. His eyes widen.

"That's my sister in the front, oh my god" my jaw drops before laughing

"That's so weird, small world huh." He laughs,