A Great Escape

Lydia sat in her room at dawn, just before sunrise… on Sunday. She takes her daughter and walks in Leticia's bedroom.

"Ydia." the tot sat up on her bed.

Lydia smiles, "Shh go back to bed, Isha."

The tot sank back into her bed pulling the covers to her.

"I'm gonna leave with Brose and Brina, we'll be back by nine." Lydia sat down on the twin size bed, tucking Leticia and Aurora in bed. "For now, I need you to care for my baby. G'night sister." Lydia kissed Leticia's head.

"Ydia, be cawefu…" Leticia mumbled before sleep took over her.

"I will…" Lydia put her black hood up, before coming out the room to meet her cousins.

Ambrose was dressed in a dark robe much like Lydia was. Sabrina was in dark jeans and dark hoodie.

"Ok let's go." Lydia waved her hand and a door appeared in front of them. Lydia opened the door and the other side was the clearing in the woods. In the middle was The Book of The Beast, sitting on a stomp of a fallen tree.

Lydia smiles, as she carefully entered the woods, grabbed the book and stepped out in a matter of twenty seconds. "Done…"

Sabrina looked at Ambrose, "Well… that was extremely uneventful…"

"Yeah!" Ambrose turns to Lydia, "Where's the running?! The sneaking out?! The danger of knowing we can get caught at anytime? The thrill of doing something we are not supposed to?"

Lydia put one finger up, "Wait for it…" and then left with the book in hand.

The door disappeared.

"Wow…" Sabrina whistled, "she is just like Aunt Zee."

"I resent that." Lydia shut the door behind her.

Sunrise… Lydia got up and walked downstairs, with her daughter and sister, to find her Aunt Hilda cooking, "Blessed morning, Lydia."

Lydia smiles at her aunt, "G'morning, Auntie." She took her seat in front of Sabrina.

"Ydia?" Leticia looks up, "Mission accompished?"

"What mission?!" Zelda almost spitting up her coffee.

Lydia smirks, "Ambrose, Sabrina, and I…"

Sabrina quickly kicked Lydia, while Ambrose gave her a warning look.

"We snuck out!" Lydia blurted out with a smile.

"You what?!" Hilda demanded.

Sabrina gulped. Ambrose glared at Lydia.

"What?!" Lydia exclaimed. "You wanted running, the danger of the unknown, and the thrill of being caught." Lydia then whispers, "Plus, you said that I was like my mother…"

"Sabrina was the one who said that, not me!" Ambrose slammed his fist on the table, "Why am I being dragged into it?!"

Lydia sipped her coffee, "Ah! If I go down I'll pull both you down with me…"

Zelda folded her newspaper and put it aside, "Remind me never to get in your bad side… Ambrose and Sabrina you two are both grounded… and Lydia… why? Why did you sneak out?"

Lydia looks up and in a straight voice said, "We took the book… we— I plan to destroy it."

"Can I take this one?" Hilda asked. "You are grounded!"

"Am I?" Lydia raised one eyebrow. Lydia stood up, "I would just like to remind everyone that I am a very vindictive halfwitch and I can make someone's life a living hell…" Lydia smiles and laughs evily, "So Aunt Hilda, do you want a ride to work?"

Hilda gulped, "No, thank you."

"Ok…" Lydia made her way upstairs.

Hilda shivered. "Note to self never piss her off…" Sabrina shakes her head.

Ambrose smirks, "And you said Lydia was like Aunt Zee… turns out she is far scarier and more revenge driven."

"Ydia scawy." Leticia smirked.

"I'll say." Ambrose nods.