The Choice

"You can still back out." Zelda whispered to Lydia's ear as they walked closer to the book.

Lydia ignored all the eyes on her and focused on the book.

Father Blackwood stood beside the book, "Who presents this witch for unholy Baptism?"

"We do!" Zelda and Hilda said in unisons.

Lydia wasn't really paying attention to what the words the high priest uttered. "I do." Lydia said when the priest looked at her.

As Blackwood put the blood on Lydia's forehead, it started smoking. Making everyone gasped in horror. "This witch is with child!" Blackwood announced.

Lydia rose to her feet and backed away, "Mom, I'm scared."

Zelda held Lydia's hands, "What is the meaning of this?!"

"Sister Zelda, you have disgraced this coven!" Blackwood growled, "The Spellmans are all excommunicated!"

"What?! No! " Lydia screamed, "You can't do that! My family has done nothing wrong! It was my fault. Don't punish them for my mistakes!"

Blackwood struck Lydia's face making it bleed, "Insolent little slut!"

Lydia touched her wounded face, felt the blood and ran towards the safety of their home.

Zelda couldn't believe what she witnessed, the man she adored had hurt her daughter. "My daughter is never signing that book! I might have signed my name away but I will not allow Lydia sign her name away! Lydia Fiona Spellman Miller is the one name you will never find in the Book of the Beast! Mark my words, Faustus, you will regret hurting her."

Hilda pulled her sister towards the house with the help of Ambrose and Sabrina.

Lydia was curled into a ball in Sabrina's bed.

"I've made my choice," Zelda sat beside Lydia, "I choose you. You are the most important thing in my life."

Lydia clutched the stuffed toy to her chest.

As Zelda walked out the room, Sabrina stood there, "I think you should sleep there with her. She needs her mom, not her kidcousin, I'll go sleep with Aunt Hilda."

"Thank you, Sabrina." Zelda puts her hand on Sabrina's shoulder, "I just don't want to leave her alone... not tonight... not ever."

Sabrina understood and nods heading for the kitchen.

She sat with Ambrose and Hilda. "Wow! I can't believe Aunt Zee, would choose Lydia over the Church of Night." Ambrose admitted.

"Zelda might be tough and devoted but Lydia's safety always came first." Hilda explained.

"Aunt Hilda?" Sabrina looked up.

"Yes, dear?" Hilda asked.

"Did Aunt Zelda loved Uncle Diggory?" Sabrina asked.

Hilda leaned over the table, "Now, you two, best not be asking that question."

"Well, did she?" Ambrose asked.

"Yes, she did." Hilda nodded defeated. "Oh she loved him with everything she had. But our parents and the church didn't allow it. When Zelda got pregnant she was overjoyed thinking that she could finally be happy, but as you know they were forced to break up and to protect Lydia, your aunt gave Lydia for Diggory to raise. But when she was growing up Zelda would often astral project to her, just to see her. It broke her heart, not to be able to hold Lydia. Zelda would astral project while Lydia was asleep... but then one night Zelda came back and never astral projected again."

"Why?" Sabrina questioned.

"Because I was caught by his grandmother and she threatened to slaughter Lydia if I don't leave them alone." Zelda sighs as she came in to the kitchen.

"Oh we're sorry Aunt Zee we didn't mean to pry." Ambrose immediately apologized.

Sabrina sighed, "Yes, Aunt Hilda was just... she was just..."

"Telling you my life story?" Zelda smirked.

"I am really sorry, sister." Hilda tried to make ammends with her sister.

"Its fine, Hilda." Zelda smiles, "I think its time that they knew exactly who we are... no more secrets."

"You are leading us to a dark and twisted path, mother." Lydia stated.

"What? You scared?" Ambrose teased.

"Please!" Lydia sat next to her mother, "Me scared? Don't make me laugh."

"Alright, I wanna put this to the test." Sabrina smirked.

"Hit me with your best shot." Lydia dared.

"Ok? Hmmph?" Sabrina thought, "Who was your first kiss?"

"Kenneth," Lydia said without any sign of hesitation, "Rivera. The boy next door."

"Are we to assume that this Kenneth guy is the father?" Ambrose inquired.

"No." Lydia shook her head.

"Then who is the father?" Sabrina questioned.

Lydia grinned deviously, "His name is... Lucas."

Zelda's eyes widened, "I thought you said he didn't say."

"He didn't," Lydia glanced at her mother, "but I heard someone call him Lucas, so I assume that Lucas is his name... Before you ask... No, I did not get a last name. Now, my turn..." she said happily, "Who would I like to tor- oh! I mean interogate?" Lydia looks around the table, "Aunt Hilda!" She looks at her aunt, "Do you hate my mother?"

Hilda tured pale almost instantly. "Why wuld you ask me that?"

"Just answer the question!" Lydia growled.

"Stop it!" Zelda yelled.

"Well?" Lydia pushed.

"I... I... do." Hilda admitted.

"Now, you see," Lydia states, "this truth thing you want, will be dangerous because it is a slippery slope. A slippery slope that one can't get out of. I chose Aunt Hilda because despite the weird thing that states that she is the weakest, I believe that she is the strongest one out of you. She can get out of the slope on her own." Lydia smiled as she stood up and walked away.