Chapter 28 - I Missed This

Song of The Chapter

Hate Sleeping Alone by Drake

___

Savannah's POV

"Can we talk?"

He blinks twice and nods, following me into a different room.

This is it. Just tell him how you feel. Not that hard, right? Hopefully he hasn't been seeing another girl, otherwise this talk will only hurt me more.

I shut the door and stand in front of him.

He is so beautiful. His features are perfect. There's not a single flaw on this boy. Even if there was, his imperfections never show. His eyes; just the right shade of hazel and green. His hair; tousled but still looks good no matter what. His lips; kissable. Too kissable. I just want to cuddle up next to him and pretend none of this ever happened. That Kailey was never part of the equation. That the media had no part or power in making things seem like they're worse. That Brandon had never encountered Austin that night.

Brandon. Shoot, I've completely forgotten about him. Is he alright? I haven't seen him at school and I don't know if he's out of the hospital. I wonder how his mom is doing.

Running his hands through his hair, he looks down at his feet. I try to fathom a sentence to say but so many words are jumbled in my head.

I sit on the edge of the bed and he stays standing on the other side of the room. Eventually, he comes over and sits at a cautious distance away. I turn my head to look at him but he hasn't made eye contact with me once.

So much for talking.

Fumbling with my fingers, I stare into my lap.

"Sorry," I murmur.

I bring myself to look at him again but he still does not do the same.

He sighs quietly, "What for?"

"For whatever I've done to make you want someone else."

The words went straight to my heart, striking me multiple times and I realize how harsh it sounded on my part.

Austin stays mute, his head down and he's scratching the back of his neck.

"I really miss you Austin," I barely whisper.

I feel the tears brimming my eyes. He doesn't make an effort to do anything and we sit in the drowning silence.

Oh Austin, am I losing you right now? I've already lost you once, now you're here. Please stay.

I hear his quiet breathing. Fiddling with my fingers, I wait until he has something to say. This could take all year if he wanted.

"I want you to know that I've never really loved Kailey as much as I love you. But then again, I don't really know anything about love," he confesses.

I'm wide eyed, shocked and speechless.

"I'm sorry for falling for her trap again. She does it to everyone."

He's not wrong about that. Kailey might as well be on the speech and debate team for how well she can persuade people. That boyfriend stealing, people persuading, fake tanned bitch. She's the reason for all of this.

Austin slowly brings his gaze up to meet mine and for the first time in a long while, I see the sincerity in his eyes.

"But..." he pauses.

I feel my heart drop, hoping he's not going to say something like we can't get back together.

"You left me," he bites his lip, "officially... why would you want me back?"

I scoot closer to him and grab his hand. I can feel his body tense when I do but he relaxes immediately.

"I didn't want to leave, Austin. You left me no choice," I answer.

He looks at our hands, then back at me.

"I said I was sorry about Kailey," he whispers and I feel almost as if he's a little boy, trying to apologize as much as possible.

"I know."

It's as if neither of us know whether to get back together right now. I want to, but we will be far from the same.

While I'm still thinking deeply, I'm pushed hard and my back falls against the bed. Austin crawls on top of me and presses his lips to mine. His elbows are resting on either side of my head and he's practically laying on top of me. I keep still for a moment though i can't help but fall under his spell, kissing him back with just as much force.

"I missed this," Austin murmurs, stroking my hair.

"Me too."

I pull him down and kiss him again, both of our overwhelmed emotions pouring into each other.

About two minutes passed. I lay curled up next to Austin on the bed, his arms around me protectively.

"Can we start over?" Austin whispers against my hair.

I nod, looking up at him.

"From where?"

He licks his lips. Oh, how hot that looks.

"Hello. My name is Austin Mahone."

I laugh, shaking my head at him.

"Savannah Mitchell."

___

Alex's POV

"What do you think is going to happen in there?" Robert whispers, sneaking towards the room Austin and Savannah disappeared into.

The four of us crept up to the room and pressed our ears against the door. I couldn't hear anything, just the quiet breathing of the rest of us as we tried to stay as quiet as possible.

"Wait, do you hear that?" Ariana widens her eyes.

I shush them so I can try to catch what she hear. I notice the faint sound of a bed creaking and something clapping against something.

"Are they..." Robert's jaw drops and we all look at each other in disgust.

They are not having sex Robert. Idiot.

I part my mouth to comment but the door suddenly swings open and we all fall into the room in a pile. Austin laughs at us as he and Savannah stare down, shaking their heads.

"Oh my gosh my hair, Robert!" Ariana complains as Robert gets off of her. We all struggle to stand but when we do, Austin shuts the door again, leaving the four of us standing dumbfounded in the hall.

___

Savannah's POV

"I knew they'd be listening," Austin mutters.

"It's not like we're doing anything bad. We're just talking." I shrug.

I sense a smirk creep onto Austin's face and I raise an eyebrow. He stalks towards me as I sit on the bed, watching him.

___

VOTE!

-Lena